• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One 20/21

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lincoln beat Sunderland 2-0 in the first PO leg at Sincil Bank this evening.
A good game with a good atmosphere.

sign of the chimes

A good game with a good atmosphere.
I'm pleased for Lincoln and pleased for Michael Appleton who has done a good job there. Of the four in the L1 playoffs I think they're the ones who are genuinely punching above their weight relative to their budget.

Despite the fact they were deserved winners tonight and have a two goal margin going in to the second leg, I can't help feeling there's some potentially quite a bit of mileage left in this tie. I think Lincoln may struggle with their set up and mentality on Saturday.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

I'm pleased for Lincoln and pleased for Michael Appleton who has done a good job there. Of the four in the L1 playoffs I think they're the ones who are genuinely punching above their weight relative to their budget.

Despite the fact they were deserved winners tonight and have a two goal margin going in to the second leg, I can't help feeling there's some potentially quite a bit of mileage left in this tie. I think Lincoln may struggle with their set up and mentality on Saturday.
Think you're right Sign, 2-0 is a score line that if Sunderland can get one early doors, With the crowd behind them they could win that tie.

Red Devon

Although they’re not quite there yet I don’t think Blackpool have ever lost a playoff final :(

Oldsmobile-88

Although they’re not quite there yet I don’t think Blackpool have ever lost a playoff final :(
Pretty sure Torquay beat them in 1991 in the 4th Division Play Off Final at Wembley..

Red Devon

Pretty sure Torquay beat them in 1991 in the 4th Division Play Off Final at Wembley..
I stand corrected, they have won 5 out of 7 finals which is the most of any club..so I was nearly right :D

Oldsmobile-88

I stand corrected, they have won 5 out of 7 finals which is the most of any club..so I was nearly right :D
I remember listening to the Play Off Final on Devon Air. No televising of Play Offs Back then.
From memory it went to Pens.Dave Bamber missed the crucial one.

dontpassback

I remember listening to the Play Off Final on Devon Air. No televising of Play Offs Back then.
From memory it went to Pens.Dave Bamber missed the crucial one.
I think dean Edwards was playing for Torquay then,he used to live a few doors up from us in St Thomas,nice bloke with a very pretty wife if I recall

Red Devon

Blackpool on there way to Wembley after drawing 3:3 at home to Oxford.

Oldsmobile-88

I think dean Edwards was playing for Torquay then,he used to live a few doors up from us in St Thomas,nice bloke with a very pretty wife if I recall
Yes,he was playing & scored.