• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 play offs 2020/21 discussion thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the restrictions RD, You'll be the capacity allowed! (y)
Anyway I’m looking forward the club following @Banksy autos or nothing promotion plan next season 😮

DB9

I'd always be up for the opportunity.
Brentford seemed to have gotten over their Wembley disappointments.
And fair play to them, Mind it was after 10? play off disappointments, Don't think i could stand that. I know the law of averages we'd have to come good one day but that feeling when we've lost is awful and lasts for too long.

Banksy

Anyway I’m looking forward the club following @Banksy autos or nothing promotion plan next season 😮
Hold on to your seat belts Red , won’t be long . First positive signings coming soon to launch us..You’ll see oh ye of little faith.

Banksy

We could even devote a thread to it , ‘ Autos or Bust ‘ , but that might just be tempting fate.😀

p.s especially the ‘bust’ part!

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

25% win ratio is not good. For me this season, Our 2nd half of it performances have been irratic to say the least and walking away from Wembley as losers 3 times is just too much to bare.
Bearing in mind that four teams compete in the playoffs then a 25% win ratio is of course bang average ! Of course we would like it to be better, but given it took Brentford double digit attempts before they were successful perhaps you are being a tad unrealistic. :unsure:

Ian Tarr

25% win ratio is not good.
I make it 20%......

DB9

Bearing in mind that four teams compete in the playoffs then a 25% win ratio is of course bang average ! Of course we would like it to be better, but given it took Brentford double digit attempts before they were successful perhaps you are being a tad unrealistic. :unsure:
Maybe so, But my ultimate feeling as we walked away from Wembley unsuccessful AGAIN!!! was just unbearably crap and even if we get there again (I'll take that if I have to) I wouldn't be going, I just don't want that again and I'm not taking Brentfords record as something to grasp on to. This is all my own personal opinion.

Colesman Ballz

Maybe so, But my ultimate feeling as we walked away from Wembley unsuccessful AGAIN!!! was just unbearably crap and even if we get there again (I'll take that if I have to) I wouldn't be going, I just don't want that again and I'm not taking Brentfords record as something to grasp on to. This is all my own personal opinion.
I am quite sure however that at this moment in time Brentford fans don't "give a monkey's ****" about all those previous failures, and I am sure we City fans would feel exactly the same too in similar circumstances ! :p

DB9

I am quite sure however that at this moment in time Brentford fans don't "give a monkey's ****" about all those previous failures, and I am sure we City fans would feel exactly the same too in similar circumstances ! :p
As you know City don't do anything the easy way and yes if we went up by the play offs all the fails would be forgotten.

Colesman Ballz

When Kevin Ellison's name was read out at Wembley it was greeted by boos from the Morecambe supporters. After nine seasons with them that is shocking. I really do hope that he comes on as a sub and scores the winner ! :mad: