• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 play offs 2020/21 discussion thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Semi-final first leg
8.15pm Tuesday 18th May Newport County vs Forest Green Rovers
6pm Thursday 20th May Tranmere Rovers vs Morecambe

Semi-final second leg
Sunday 23rd May.
12.30pm Morecambe vs Tranmere Rovers
6.30pm Forest Green Rovers vs Newport County

I would suggest that Morecambe are the form team, with Newport picking up for at the end of the season. The unknown factor is the managerial change at Tranmere Rovers.

The final will be on Bank Holiday Monday.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
A case of who you dislike the least out of that lot, simply for what I’d class as a proper club I’d go for Tranmere.

Alistair20000

Must confess to feeling a bit meh about the play offs as we are not participating.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A case of who you dislike the least out of that lot, simply for what I’d class as a proper club I’d go for Tranmere.
Agreed, Tranmere fans and staff are very welcoming. So selfishly I'd rather Morecambe go up as it's the least attractive away trip and they bring fewest people to swell our coffers. Though like Al I find it hard to care that much.

Number13

The strongest "club" in the play offs are Tranmere so lets get rid of them
No way will Morecambe be as strong next year and I doubt Newport will be either

Avening Posse

I'd like to see Morecambe do it, underdog and all that. Would also be keen on the 2 "relatively" local teams staying with us to help even out all those trips up north !

David Treharne

I think there's also an element of "which Club is most likely to be able to sustain itself in League 1? Looking at last seasons promotions, two of them are returning to Division 2, whilst the other one barely avoided the drop. On that basis I'd go for Tranmere to go up - the thought of fans of some of the bigger clubs in Division 1 turning up to FGR is worth thinking about. I agree with the point made by Number 13 as well.

IndoMike

Morecambe

Red Monster

Morecambe are the best team out of those four.

andrew p long

Agreed, Tranmere fans and staff are very welcoming. So selfishly I'd rather Morecambe go up as it's the least attractive away trip and they bring fewest people to swell our coffers. Though like Al I find it hard to care that much.
Agreed. Morecambe is also the most expensive away trip (because of distance)

One downside though is that if they get to League One they may try to get Jokull in on loan again after his two clean sheets (?) for them.