• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 play offs 2020/21 discussion thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Link already posted.

jimmy

Or another scenario. Ellison gets Newport to L1 with a hat trick against his former club Morecambe.We make a cheeky one hundred thousand bid for him in the summer. Taggy is seen sniffing around Enfield and offers to put in the corner posts for Jamie. Cureton and Ellison form the oldest forward partnership in City’s history and fire us to the L2 Championship.
I actually hoped Ellison would come here after departing Morecambe.

Ronaldo once scored an exquisite volley at Juve for Real, the crowd applauded with respect. It was a reason for him moving there.

As a League Two parallel, Ellison once scored a beauty of a volley and the big bank applauded...(but also slightly laughed at a 40 year old going mad for it).

...anyway, I thought he might've come down for a couple of years.

Red Devon

Wish it was us at Wembley today :(

DB9

Wish it was us at Wembley today :(
On past performances I'll pass.

Banksy

About right , based on our more recent efforts and lack of consistency maybe best we’re sitting it out.
Who knows what City would have turned up? Sneaky feeling looking at the competition we had this season though , we should have made a better fist of it.

DB9

About right , based on our more recent efforts and lack of consistency maybe best we’re sitting it out.
Who knows what City would have turned up? Sneaky feeling looking at the competition we had this season though , we should have made a better fist of it.
25% win ratio is not good. For me this season, Our 2nd half of it performances have been irratic to say the least and walking away from Wembley as losers 3 times is just too much to bare.

Red Devon

Seems like I’d be the only one there supporting the boys :ROFLMAO::)

DB9

Seems like I’d be the only one there supporting the boys :ROFLMAO::)
Given the restrictions RD, You'll be the capacity allowed! (y)

Spoonz Red E

25% win ratio is not good. For me this season, Our 2nd half of it performances have been irratic to say the least and walking away from Wembley as losers 3 times is just too much to bare.
I'd always be up for the opportunity.
Brentford seemed to have gotten over their Wembley disappointments.

Banksy

Which is why I keep banging on tongue in cheek about autos , had enough of this playoff lottery. On a related note I’m sure that both Lincoln and Luton had similar thoughts and stated that in both their cases after playoff disappointments. This time we have a bit of cash let’s use it effectively.

Reactions: DB9