• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

Agree with that. In addition, Mansfield have only lost one game this season. A team that is so hard to beat has to be a threat.
I concur that Lincoln and MKD seem on their way and Mansfield are also favourites to go up.
Exeter, Colchester, Bury, and FGR are favorites for the playoffs, but Carlisle have hit a rich vein of form winning their last 5 matches and Oldham are fighting back again.
If I had to bet I'd say Bury, Carlisle, Exeter and Colchester in that order. I'm biased, of course
Not at all biased, and a fair assessment. Only thing I would say is that in our first season under Paul Cook (when we got beaten in the playoffs by your local-ish rivals) we drew a hell of a lot of games and ended up in the play-offs. I do think there is a probably an automatic place up for grabs - and that's assuming neither of Lincoln or the other lot do a Devon Loch.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not at all biased, and a fair assessment. Only thing I would say is that in our first season under Paul Cook (when we got beaten in the playoffs by your local-ish rivals) we drew a hell of a lot of games and ended up in the play-offs. I do think there is a probably an automatic place up for grabs - and that's assuming neither of Lincoln or the other lot do a Devon Loch.
Lincoln have slipped a little bit lately. It's true that Mansfield have drawn several games but wins and draws keeps the scoreboard ticking over. I think the rest are barely separable but Carlisle are coming up on the rails and I have a feeling Oldham are not finished yet. The relegated clubs from Div 1 last season were MKD, Colchester, Bury and Northants, right?

Colesman Ballz

Lincoln have slipped a little bit lately. It's true that Mansfield have drawn several games but wins and draws keeps the scoreboard ticking over. I think the rest are barely separable but Carlisle are coming up on the rails and I have a feeling Oldham are not finished yet. The relegated clubs from Div 1 last season were MKD, Colchester, Bury and Northants, right?
MKD, Bury, Northampton and OLDHAM were the relegated teams.

IndoMike

MKD, Bury, Northampton and OLDHAM were the relegated teams.
Thank you, Ballzy.

Red Devon

I do think there is a probably an automatic place up for grabs - and that's assuming neither of Lincoln or the other lot do a Devon Loch.
So do I...I don’t think anyone saw Accrington Stanley coming this time last year....and the season you won the League 2 title you were 7 points off of third place after we beat you in mid February I seem to remember.

Jazzi

Or to put it another way....................and the season you won the League 2 title you were 7 points off of third place after we beat you in mid February as I've just confirmed by checking.

Oldsmobile-88

So do I...I don’t think anyone saw Accrington Stanley coming this time last year....and
Won 20 out of the last 25 games,only a couple of defeats in that run.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeovil seem to be on a slide,we should have beaten them at Huish Park,and the locals certainly aren’t happy with Darren way,who when questioned about it seems th have a touch of the tisdales about him !
Must be tough being a Yeovil fan at the moment. Their team full of foreign journeyman and loan signings look to be slipping out of the league. Meanwhile one player they let slip through their grasp, Jordan Storey, has been sold for good money and is making himself at home in the Championship. And another player who was local to them, Archie Collins, is scoring wonder goals for the local rivals instead.

Temporarily Exiled

While their (and Torquay's) demise is good news for us on a footballing level (hypothetically widens our catchment area), I don't want to go from one local derby down to none. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that both us and Yeovil looked like fairly solid League One sides...

IndoMike

While their (and Torquay's) demise is good news for us on a footballing level (hypothetically widens our catchment area), I don't want to go from one local derby down to none. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that both us and Yeovil looked like fairly solid League One sides...
To be in the same division as Torquay, Yeovil, Rovers, Swindon and Argyle would be pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.