• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Odd one that, they were improving of late, I know they lost to us and I think Bury ? recently, but losing to us and Bury is not the same as losing to some of the more lowly clubs
After losing to us they lost 6-0 at Carlisle on Boxing Day. The match stats were odd though, as Oldham enjoyed 55% possession and forced 11 corners to Carlisle's 1. They even had nine shots apiece, but their shooting accuracy let them down with only one on target, compared to Carlisle's seven with six scoring ! Looks a little like just "one of those days", albeit the Chairman saw it differently !

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Odd one that, they were improving of late, I know they lost to us and I think Bury ? recently, but losing to us and Bury is not the same as losing to some of the more lowly clubs
Some interesting background in this article as well as a possible reason for why they lost 6-0. What makes it even more crazy is that they actually beat Bury and had lost something like one in eight league games before they played us; they were also a couple of marginal refereeing decisions away from getting at least point from their game with us which they possibly deserved on the balance of play. Glad to see the fit and proper person test is working effectively at keeping these idiot owners out of the game!
http://d3d4football.com/frankie-goes-to-hollinwood-oldham-athletic-sack-frankie-bunn/

Avening Posse

After losing to us they lost 6-0 at Carlisle on Boxing Day. The match stats were odd though, as Oldham enjoyed 55% possession and forced 11 corners to Carlisle's 1. They even had nine shots apiece, but their shooting accuracy let them down with only one on target, compared to Carlisle's seven with six scoring ! Looks a little like just "one of those days", albeit the Chairman saw it differently !
Indeed, I got my Bury's and Carlisle's mixed up (I blame the mid 30's heat here currently) but the underlying form over the last 10 games or so was pretty good. Some Chairmen are strange animals !

Avening Posse

Some interesting background in this article as well as a possible reason for why they lost 6-0. What makes it even more crazy is that they actually beat Bury and had lost something like one in eight league games before they played us; they were also a couple of marginal refereeing decisions away from getting at least point from their game with us which they possibly deserved on the balance of play. Glad to see the fit and proper person test is working effectively at keeping these idiot owners out of the game!
http://d3d4football.com/frankie-goes-to-hollinwood-oldham-athletic-sack-frankie-bunn/
Interesting article, and may go some way to explain the odd turn of events. Must be a real pain to be an Oldham fan with a person like that in charge

Red Devon

Grimsby Town to be sold in the new year according to the Grimsby Independent, subject to relocating to a new stadium and unpopular Chairman Fenty leaving the club.

Oldsmobile-88

Founder members of the Football League in 1888,Notts County will have their work cut out to keep their remarkable run in league football going & to be the 1st club to reach 5,000 league games(they will reach that next season if they survive)
A dreadful result at home to Macclesfield on Boxing Day..Dark days indeed for a famous old club.

les.gtfc

Grimsby Town to be sold in the new year according to the Grimsby Independent, subject to relocating to a new stadium and unpopular Chairman Fenty leaving the club.
I'll believe that when I see it. The new stadium thing has been going on since the 90's.

I've given up hope of it happening in my lifetime!

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

MK Dons news - Moore-Taylor out for the foreseeable future recurrence of ACL tear and Harley not been seen since week 2 of the season. Looks like we got good value from getting them off the books perhaps?
JMT has recovered quicker than he himself predicted and was on the MK Dongs bench today at Northampton, coming on in the 82nd minute.

Red Devon

I'll believe that when I see it. The new stadium thing has been going on since the 90's.

https://www.grimsbyindependent.com/2018/12/28/breaking-news-grimsby-town-to-be-sold-in-the-new-year/

Stelios

Do you need it? Never been but looks like a proper old school stadium. Don't do a Colchester..........

Status
Not open for further replies.