• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
None will, let’s be honest!
Just like when at the start of the season someone from the EFL? Said up to a dozen clubs will go bust by Christmas. 🙄

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that the PFA's legal challenge to the new Salary Cap meant that the new rules weren't being enforced?
Oh joy, thanks Martin. We can always rely on the odious Gordon Taylor to put a spanner in the works.

i8cornwall

Bolton are in L2! It's crazy they can keep signing players if they are over the L2 cap. I understand about honouring existing contracts if they are relegated but not still being able to overspend relative to L2
Still under a transfer embargo and one player needs to leave before we can bring one in. 4 have left today and 4 have come in.

We’re not actually paying great wages but offering long contracts and the “draw” of playing for Bolton is helping.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought that the PFA's legal challenge to the new Salary Cap meant that the new rules weren't being enforced?
I think it's still active despite being challenged.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crawley, Port Vale and Barrow are breaking the new squad size rules. Hard to believe several of the big boys aren’t breaking the salary cap. Be interesting to see how many clubs get docked points at the end of this season.
Crawley breaking the rules? Shirley shome mistake!

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I wasn't aware of that, but Bolton, FGR, Salford etc got most of their big name and big money signings done early in the summer before the salary cap came into effect. So my understanding is that those players salaries will only count at the League two average which is about 1,200 pounds a week. Therefore the likes of Doyle and Sarcevic could be on like 4,000 pounds a week at Bolton but only count as 1,200 towards the salary cap.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still under a transfer embargo and one player needs to leave before we can bring one in. 4 have left today and 4 have come in.

We’re not actually paying great wages but offering long contracts and the “draw” of playing for Bolton is helping.
So not actually a transfer embargo. Just a swopsies. Makes a mockery of the system, sorry.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Torquay got done a few years ago for playing too many sh1t players.

i8cornwall

So not actually a transfer embargo. Just a swopsies. Makes a mockery of the system, sorry.
We can only have a 23 man squad under the embargo which we reached in the summer, so to bring better players in we needed to let players go.

Not really making a mockery of it, owners and management have played by the rules of the embargo all the way through else we’d probably be facing a points deduction (yet again).

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's still active despite being challenged.
ThanksSpoonz. I couldn't work out whether the EFL were actively enforcing or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.