• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bolton now signed Marcus Maddison. They’ve pulled out some impressive signings today... Would love to know their salary total!
I guess they're factoring in that if Covid recedes and they get promoted they'll have crowds of 14k or so.
A gamble 'though.

DB9

I guess they're factoring in that if Covid recedes and they get promoted they'll have crowds of 14k or so.
A gamble 'though.
Or those that took the club on have deep pockets compared to most of L2?

Spoonz Red E

Or those that took the club on have deep pockets compared to most of L2?
True. The main man's worth £45m.
I'd still guess he's splashing out with a view to getting a return later.

DB9

True. The main man's worth £45m.
I'd still guess he's splashing out with a view to getting a return later.
Promotion is the return he wants, It's a big club in L2, But we all know football doesn't often work that way.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A gamble 'though.
What happened to the salary cap?!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
What happened to the salary cap?!
£1M higher in L1 - £2.5 M compared to £1.5M

'Squad Salary Caps' introduced in League One and League Two - News - EFL Official Website

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bolton are in L2! It's crazy they can keep signing players if they are over the L2 cap. I understand about honouring existing contracts if they are relegated but not still being able to overspend relative to L2

DawlishBouy

Bolton are in L2! It's crazy they can keep signing players if they are over the L2 cap. I understand about honouring existing contracts if they are relegated but not still being able to overspend relative to L2
Crawley, Port Vale and Barrow are breaking the new squad size rules. Hard to believe several of the big boys aren’t breaking the salary cap. Be interesting to see how many clubs get docked points at the end of this season.

ryancooper327

Crawley, Port Vale and Barrow are breaking the new squad size rules. Hard to believe several of the big boys aren’t breaking the salary cap. Be interesting to see how many clubs get docked points at the end of this season.
None will, let’s be honest!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that the PFA's legal challenge to the new Salary Cap meant that the new rules weren't being enforced?

Status
Not open for further replies.