• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

That sort of mistake would have had to have been made both at the level of publicity on the website but also, crucially, at the FA player registration level and any contract conversations with the player himself.
I don't understand why a mistake on the FGR website list (released) when a fee has been paid (according to Bradford) is a mistake that also had to be made in player registration or player discussions if Bradford are right. What alternative is more likely - that Bradford are mistaken (or have lied) about whether a fee has been paid? Genuinely puzzled.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't understand why a mistake on the FGR website list (released) when a fee has been paid (according to Bradford) is a mistake that also had to be made in player registration or player discussions if Bradford are right. What alternative is more likely - that Bradford are mistaken (or have lied) about whether a fee has been paid? Genuinely puzzled.
My best guess is that's it's just lazy wording on the part of Forest Green. They offered the player a new contract and he turned it down so they put him in the list of players who will not be at the club next season.

Spoonz Red E

I just think that if the actual registration details differed from the Club publicity this would have been flagged up by the situation and the Club publicity amended accordingly.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just think that if the actual registration details differed from the Club publicity this would have been flagged up by the situation and the Club publicity amended accordingly.
That assumes other clubs have the same dedication to transparency and attention to detail when engaging with fans that City do.

Spoonz Red E

That assumes other clubs have the same dedication to transparency and attention to detail when engaging with fans that City do.
True enough and websites can get it wrong but this would have been flagged up in such a big way.

Grecian2K

True enough and websites can get it wrong but this would have been flagged up in such a big way.
That is so true Spoonz.

As we know merely a single misplaced comma, or incorrectly applied apostrophe, on our official site and Exeweb is guaranteed to go into meltdown.

Thank goodness that WE have such a careful and diligent SM team.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ian Burchnall moves from Notts County to take over as head coach at Forest Green Rovers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
League 1 next season

Accrington Stanley
Barnsley
Bolton Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge Utd
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green Rovers
Ipswich Town
Lincoln City
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth Argyle
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Wycombe Wanderers

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
@sign of the chimes

League 1 next season

Accrington Stanley
Barnsley
----------------------------------
Bolton Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge Utd
---‐------------------------------
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green Rovers
Ipswich Town
Lincoln City
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth Argyle
Port Vale
--------------------------‐-----
Portsmouth
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Wycombe Wanderers
#Gutted

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
League 1 next season

Accrington Stanley
Barnsley
Bolton Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge Utd
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green Rovers
Ipswich Town
Lincoln City
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth Argyle
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Wycombe Wanderers
Tough division but there are certainly a few clubs I feel relatively confident we can finish above.

Status
Not open for further replies.