• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
There does seem to be a deliberate policy to have the longest away trips at the start and end of the season to reduce the risk of postponement. However, we still ended up at Barrow on a Tuesday last season.
It’s been quite noticeable over the last few seasons in League One/Two that the opening day fixtures are very much North v South “long distance” although because of the uneven balance between the two you get a few anomalies like Cambridge v Oxford for example.

dontpassback

Looks like the vegans have lined up burchall from Notts county to replace edwards

andrew p long

It’s been quite noticeable over the last few seasons in League One/Two that the opening day fixtures are very much North v South “long distance” although because of the uneven balance between the two you get a few anomalies like Cambridge v Oxford for example.
Yep seems to be deliberate policy to have long distance trips at the times of year least likely to generate a postponement.

But they should avoid summer school holiday Saturdays for trips up the M5/M6 that encounter heavy traffic heading to/from the coast/holiday attractions. September is a better bet for those.

Red Devon

Well deserved win and promotion for Sunderland just too much attacking quality for Wycombe on the day.

Colesman Ballz

Looks like the vegans have lined up burchall from Notts county to replace edwards
So yet another door closes for the man with the cravat !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Updated following today's play off final of teams that will be in League 1 next season

Accrington
Barnsley
Bolton
Bristol Rovers
Burton A
Cambridge
Charlton
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green
Ipswich
Lincoln
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Wycombe

plus Mansfield or Port Vale.

DB9

Updated following today's play off final of teams that will be in League 1 next season

Accrington
Barnsley
Bolton
Bristol Rovers
Burton A
Cambridge
Charlton
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green
Ipswich
Lincoln
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Wycombe

I'd take that position for our 1st season back in L1.

sign of the chimes

Accrington
Barnsley
Bolton
Bristol Rovers
Burton A
Cambridge
Charlton
Cheltenham
Derby County
Exeter City
Fleetwood
Forest Green
Ipswich
Lincoln
MK Dons
Morecambe
Oxford Utd
Peterborough
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Sheff Wed
Shrewsbury
Wycombe

I think the overall strength of the division will depend a lot on a) the state of the teams coming down; b) the impact of not getting promoted on those who thought they would challenge this season (Ipswich, Wednesday, Oxford, MK, Charlton, Wycombe, Pompey).

I'm anticipating one or two of the relegated clubs to have a hard time and two or three of the second group to fall back.

On that basis I don't see it being quite such a divided league this year (look at the points tally required for the top 6 if you don't know where I'm coming from).

sign of the chimes

I'd take that position for our 1st season back in L1.
If this is positional I definitely need Vale to win the L2 playoff final :oops:

Red Devon

I think the overall strength of the division will depend a lot on a) the state of the teams coming down; b) the impact of not getting promoted on those who thought they would challenge this season (Ipswich, Wednesday, Oxford, MK, Charlton, Wycombe, Pompey).

I'm anticipating one or two of the relegated clubs to have a hard time and two or three of the second group to fall back.

On that basis I don't see it being quite such a divided league this year (look at the points tally required for the top 6 if you don't know where I'm coming from).
Not a prediction but from what I’ve seen and read I’m expecting Ipswich, Barnsley Bolton, Derby, probably Peterborough to be really strong…Sheffield Wednesday didn’t impress in the playoffs so I don’t know what to make of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.