• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah the good old Slow & Dirty
Yes, the S & DJR - "The Slow, Dirty and Jolly Rotten". (For some reason, that makes me think of the Sex Pistols.)

The S & D was a much-loved railway, but the Western Region couldn't wait to close it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can’t believe you have never seen that one...It’s up with Oh Mr Porter(1938)

The start of the film shows the S & D.
Looking up the wiki of the film provided some interesting details, including the stations used (Bristol Temple Meads being one of them), and how they got hold of the Thunderbolt.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
White Boy Rick

About a white drug dealer in a mostly black world. Set in the Eighties in Detroit right at the start of the crack pandemic.

There seemed to be a good film in there somewhere desperate to get out, but I could barely understand what was going given the mumbling, accents, slang and street talk. I put the subtitles on for a bit but it barely helped. I'm all for realism, but I draw the line.

Matthew McConaughey puts in a great turn, as always, but not enough to save the film imho. There is a Netflix doco out on the same guy. Might give that a go just to see if it's any better.

5/10

iscalad

The Way Ahead. Seen it a few times. Flag waver from 1944. Plethora of well known in British character actors.
8/10

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Way Ahead. Seen it a few times. Flag waver from 1944. Plethora of well known in British character actors.
8/10
Good film, in the "bunch of no-hopers turned into a fighting unit" style. William Hartnell in a familiar role as the sergeant.

iscalad

Good film, in the "bunch of no-hopers turned into a fighting unit" style. William Hartnell in a familiar role as the sergeant.
Credited as Billy Hartnell🤔

Ex-ciderrr

The trail of Chicago 7 on Netflix the other night. Good watch 7/10.

Oldsmobile-88

Watched the first 2 episodes of the new series of The Bay last night..Pretty run of the mill light entertainment.Good to watch if nothing else is on.

Colesman Ballz

Currently on BBC iplayer "The Angel's Share "(2012). One for all connoisseurs of a wee dram, although it dinnae start out that way. 8/10.

LOG

Parasite.

Despite this winning a load of awards, I didn’t actually know what the story was and had assumed it was a horror which is why I hadn’t watched it sooner.

It turned out to be a very good film and a theme I’m not sure I’d seen before but it left me feeling slightly uneasy for some reason. I had sympathy for the main family at first but as the film went on this diminished, arriving at the point of thinking, actually, you’re a right bunch of coins. From about half way through I started to think about how it was going to end, concluding that it would either all turn out alright or completely go to *****. I think I was glad with the way it ended though.

8/10.