• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011). Stellar cast, with Colin Firth, Benedict Cumberbatch, Kathy Burke, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy and even John Le Carré. Smiley is brought out of retirement to catch a mole in MI6. Great stuff, and you need to be paying attention. 7.5/10

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
And you need to be paying attention to your spellchecker Hants!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And you need to be paying attention to your spellchecker Hants!
My spelling is stellar!

Antony Moxey

What did Smiley catch...?

Alistair20000

Has Hants covered up the evidence of poor speiling ?

Colesman Ballz

What we did on our holiday. (2014). David Tennant, Rosamund Pike, Billy Connolly, Ben Miller. Have just discovered this delightful comedy drama. Tennant and Pike are in the middle of an acrimonious divorce, when a family celebration is arranged in regard to his ailing father's (Connolly) 75th birthday. He persuades Pike to accompany him with their 3 young kids to Scotland, whilst attempting to conceal from the rest of the family that they are divorcing. A car journey to the beautiful far north west of beautiful Scotland, with three squabbling kids and two parents at each others throats sets the scene but the surprises really start on arrival. Superb performances from the entire cast, but it is the three young kids who steal the show with stella turns. 8.5 viking helmets out of 10 ostriches.
Available on bbc iplayer for the rest of the weekend.

Mr Jinx

Black Narcissus

With all the fuss surrounding the new BBC remake, I thought I should go and watch the original.

I thought the cinematography was stunning for a film of 1947. And despite the plummy accents, I thought it was pretty good - emotionally charged and gripping in parts.

7/10

Mr Jinx

Groundhog Day

This is one of those films that I can't believe I've never watched. So given that everyone is saying that the current lockdown is like Groundhog Day, I thought it was time I should watch it.

And I certainly wasn't disappointed, it hasn't aged at all and I was laughing out loud at points. With the current lockdown and its strife, I feel like a cross between Bill Murray & Sister Ruth!

10/10

iscalad

Groundhog Day

This is one of those films that I can't believe I've never watched. So given that everyone is saying that the current lockdown is like Groundhog Day, I thought it was time I should watch it.

And I certainly wasn't disappointed, it hasn't aged at all and I was laughing out loud at points. With the current lockdown and its strife, I feel like a cross between Bill Murray & Sister Ruth!

10/10
Trouble is every time you watch it, the same things happen.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cromwell (1970). A Ken Hughes film with plenty of well known British actors. Alex Guinness as Charles I and Richard Harris as Cromwell. A relatively truer story of the Civil War, though still plenty of inaccuracies. A good watch 7.5/10.

Reactions: DB9