• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've actually got to watch live music without masks in a standing indoor venue !!!
Spear of Destiny at the Exeter Phoenix last week.....
Very Liberator-ing.

Swanaldo

I think it was The Lemonheads, 24th October 1993.
You came and watched Dark Dark Dark with me in 2012.

ecfc70

Was at Burn it Down festival in Torquay a couple of weeks ago, watched a few bands including Nova Twins, Siamese and Dinosaur Pile Up, great venue there called the foundry and something similar would be a great asset to Exeter
Also looking forward to Black Stone Cherry at the Uni this Saturday

Bridgy 81

Blimey, I saw Black Stone Cherry headlining Cardiff Motorpoint Arena in 2016.
I enjoyed it, but playing a Uni 5 years later seems like a little bit of a come down for them.

LOG

You came and watched Dark Dark Dark with me in 2012.
I didn't include that for two reasons. Firstly, i couldn't remember what they were called and, secondly, i spent most of the night outside talking to some random bloke.

Swanaldo

Thirdly, you disappeared early 😆

ecfc70

Blimey, I saw Black Stone Cherry headlining Cardiff Motorpoint Arena in 2016.
I enjoyed it, but playing a Uni 5 years later seems like a little bit of a come down for them.
To be fair they put on a good show in an awful venue, this tour has them doing about 15 shows at a lot of smaller venues all over the UK and finishing at the Royal Albert Hall so maybe it was their choice to be a little bit more intimate

Bridgy 81

To be fair they put on a good show in an awful venue, this tour has them doing about 15 shows at a lot of smaller venues all over the UK and finishing at the Royal Albert Hall so maybe it was their choice to be a little bit more intimate
Nice one. Glad you enjoyed it. I think smaller venues can often create a better atmosphere than arenas anyway.
I hope they played Blame it on the Boom Boom. That would be great in a small place.

ecfc70

Nice one. Glad you enjoyed it. I think smaller venues can often create a better atmosphere than arenas anyway.
I hope they played Blame it on the Boom Boom. That would be great in a small place.
They certainly did, about 3 songs from the end.....was a good crowd in where people were up for it......almost like they'd missed live music or something 🤔

Alistair20000

Not so much a band as Roger Taylor (Queen) with a band last night in Plymouth.

Around 110 minutes with no interval. Very impressive for a 72 year old. Did a lot of vocals and some stints on the drums.

Some new stuff as well as old. Radio Gaga of course. Some of it was very close to a Queen rendition.

Brilliant performance. (y)

Shame about the location. :mad: