• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not so much a band as Roger Taylor (Queen) with a band last night in Plymouth.

Around 110 minutes with no interval. Very impressive for a 72 year old. Did a lot of vocals and some stints on the drums.

Some new stuff as well as old. Radio Gaga of course. Some of it was very close to a Queen rendition.

Brilliant performance. (y)

Shame about the location. :mad:
Pavilions I'm assuming? Terrible venue, with even worse acoustics!

Grecian2K

Not too terrible (as long as you position yourself just perfectly near the front between the left and right stacks!

Saw an Alice Cooper gig there a few years back (only thing that would drag me to that sh*tty-city bar a Grecian game) and it was far from bad.

(Intrigued though Al? How did Roger manage "Rhapsody" on his own some. Backing tracks? Or the "acoustic solo remix"?? 😁)

Colesman Ballz

Not so much a band as Roger Taylor (Queen) with a band last night in Plymouth.

Around 110 minutes with no interval. Very impressive for a 72 year old. Did a lot of vocals and some stints on the drums.

Some new stuff as well as old. Radio Gaga of course. Some of it was very close to a Queen rendition.

Brilliant performance. (y)

Shame about the location. :mad:
There's a chance for you to catch up with your Kent days very soon. Pye Hastings is rocking up at the Phoenix with Caravan, on Thursday 28th !

Alistair20000

There's a chance for you to catch up with your Kent days very soon. Pye Hastings is rocking up at the Phoenix with Caravan, on Thursday 28th !
I will be in France that night so will miss the Caravan scene :(

Alistair20000

Yes that's the place.

Grecian2K

CB. How can I ever thank you for that fantastic "heads up"!!! How did I ever miss that one?? (And it bleddy happens to be on my birthday too )
Managed to snap up one of the last remaining tickets! Happy, happy day. I owe you one if you're there - I'll be the "saddo" in the Marilion tour shirt* (y)
Just a shame that it's not at the Cavern - that would (almost literally been) 9 Feet Underground!
PS: Never mind Al...you can always console yourself with a bit of Bonnie Tyler on your travels!

Ever gratefully yours G2k!

Alistair20000

Not too terrible (as long as you position yourself just perfectly near the front between the left and right stacks!

Saw an Alice Cooper gig there a few years back (only thing that would drag me to that sh*tty-city bar a Grecian game) and it was far from bad.

(Intrigued though Al? How did Roger manage "Rhapsody" on his own some. Backing tracks? Or the "acoustic solo remix"?? 😁)
I did not find the Pivvy acoustics a problem.

RT did not attempt BR; wisely in my view.

Here is the setlist.

Bridgy 81

I did not find the Pivvy acoustics a problem.

RT did not attempt BR; wisely in my view.

Here is the setlist.

Nice to see you’re now using setlist.fm. 😉 Good isn’t it?

Alistair20000

CB. How can I ever thank you for that fantastic "heads up"!!! How did I ever miss that one?? (And it bleddy happens to be on my birthday too )
Managed to snap up one of the last remaining tickets! Happy, happy day. I owe you one if you're there - I'll be the "saddo" in the Marilion tour shirt* (y)
Just a shame that it's not at the Cavern - that would (almost literally been) 9 Feet Underground!
PS: Never mind Al...you can always console yourself with a bit of Bonnie Tyler on your travels!
Please represent me at the Caravan scene G2K. (y)

I will pass on your love to Bonnie in return.

Bridgy 81

I’ve got tickets for Alice Cooper and The Cult at the new Swansea Arena next May. Looking forward to it having enjoyed seeing him at Swindon Oasis, of all places, a few years ago.
A couple of days after the Swansea gig Whitesnake, Foreigner and Europe are playing together in Cardiff, so I plan to take in that one too.
Happy days.