• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Steve H

Smoke Fairies, just now in Bristol. Love those girls.
Been a few years since they played Exeter but great band and the new album is brilliant

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
LBJBs at the Old Fire House on Friday. Another excellent night of 60's and 70's soul classics by this five piece Bristol based band, who formed from the Left Bank's Thursday night jam sessions. If you like James Brown et al they will get you on your feet !

fred binneys head

I saw Inglorious at Nottingham’s Rock City last night and they were incredible. If you’re into heavy rock at all I thoroughly recommend you go and see them at the Phoenix next Thursday night, they are superb.

The musicians are extremely talented and the lead vocalist is something else, his range and power is exceptional. If you’ve got nothing to do on Tuesday and you’re into your heavy rock, get down and support an up and coming band who will need your support after covid (as does the Phoenix!).

Rating: 10/10

angelic upstart

Last band I saw was the Macc Lads in Bristol in 2019!

Nothing on the horizon either, which is terrible as 20 years ago i'd have been seeing live music probably fortnightly.

Antony Moxey

Had a rather enjoyable weekend at Beautiful Days a fortnight ago. Thought the last band I saw there was the utterly dreadful From the Jam, but thankfully looking at the timings it was the truly superb Ferocious Dog.

fred binneys head

I saw Inglorious at Nottingham’s Rock City last night and they were incredible. If you’re into heavy rock at all I thoroughly recommend you go and see them at the Phoenix next Thursday night, they are superb.

The musicians are extremely talented and the lead vocalist is something else, his range and power is exceptional. If you’ve got nothing to do on Tuesday and you’re into your heavy rock, get down and support an up and coming band who will need your support after covid (as does the Phoenix!).

Rating: 10/10
Just seen I mistyped above, Inglorious are at the Phoenix on Thursday not Tuesday. If you can get there, do it, you won’t regret it 👍

Oldsmobile-88

Not the last band I saw.At Woodall Services yesterday,I saw a guy in his mid 60s wearing a cut off Members tee shirt,briefly spoke to him & said a good choice of music.He said yeah “It’s my band,I’ve just played the Punk & Ska festival in Redcar” 😁
It was JC Carroll who was one of the original guitarists & now is the vocalist in the resurrection of the group in 2008.Nick Tesco(Ritz) was the vocalist in the original band.
I’ve not see them live since a couple of gigs in 1979/80,that was my excuse for not recognising him😁😁

Check out the Albums..Chelsea Nightclub(1979) & 1980,The Choice is Yours(1980) Both great under rated albums.

🎵 This is the sound of the Services 🎵🎶

Spoonz,did you ever have any dealings with The Members back in the day ??

Oldsmobile-88

Thought the last band I saw there was the utterly dreadful From the Jam, but thankfully looking at the timings it was the truly superb Ferocious Dog.
I seem to recall seeing From the Jam at St George’s Hall a few years ago.I thought they were passable.
I’m not a great Jam fan except for the All Mod Cons/Setting Sons album era(1978/79) which included going to a great gig around that time.

DB9

Watched From The Jam a few times, Mostly at The Brooke in Southampton, Always liked them, I was a bit of a Jam fan back in the day and when Bruce Foxton & Rick Buckler was playing in the group it was nearly like seeing The Jam and put on a good show.

Antony Moxey

They were dreadful. The lead singer tried too hard to be Paul Weller (a given, I suppose, for a tribute band) but just couldn’t pull it off. They also seemed to play the songs at a slightly slower speed than the originals, I thought they just looked a poor pub band.

Mind you, like Olds I was never a fan of theirs and always thought Weller a bit of a humourless tosser who took himself far too seriously. Wouldn‘t go out of my way to see FtJ again, even if they were part of a festival line up.