• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Dyer

budegrecian

No, Weymouth. He never went to Dorchester.
Jordan Storey went to Dorchester, IIRC, & he didn't get much game time either.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jordan Storey went to Dorchester, IIRC, & he didn't get much game time either.
Played 13 games for them before we recalled him

DawlishBouy

Yeovil debut as an injury time sub.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dyer, like Will Dean before him is looking like being overtaken by the younger guns in Diabate and notably Pond where it looks like the club are pinning their hopes. Dyer would be best going out in January at Conf South level for a run of games
I've copied this comment across from the Ben Seymour thread.

You may be right about Jordan; however, we have been very lucky to have had 4 centre-halves fit for almost all the season - when the inevitable injuries occur it will be interesting to see which of the youngsters is called into the first team squad as back-up. And before we write Jordan off, it's also worth remembering that Alex Hartridge didn't play in the league until the 21st of November last season and didn't start a league game until the 15th of December.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've copied this comment across from the Ben Seymour thread.

You may be right about Jordan; however, we have been very lucky to have had 4 centre-halves fit for almost all the season - when the inevitable injuries occur it will be interesting to see which of the youngsters is called into the first team squad as back-up. And before we write Jordan off, it's also worth remembering that Alex Hartridge didn't play in the league until the 21st of November last season and didn't start a league game until the 15th of December.
I dont think we should write off Jordan or any of our young players given how late some of our players have bloomed. However, there is healthy competition particularly in the centre half area which will sort the men out from the boys as they say

Grecianpasty

In Jordans case, an opportunity hasn't presented itself yet. When you have a good quality player in Ray not even in the starting 11, its proof that he will need to be patient.

Bridgy 81

I suppose the conundrum for the club when making a decision about extending the contract of a younger player is who is currently in front of them and who is behind them and with the potential to overtake them.
In the case of the latter the club wouldn’t want to block their pathway so unfortunately some players need to be sacrificed, as our squad capacity will always be finite.
So some younger players can be ‘victims’ of timing i.e. what we have in their position at the point in time when a decision about their future needs to be made.
Making those decisions isn’t a role I envy.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose the conundrum for the club when making a decision about extending the contract of a younger player is who is currently in front of them and who is behind them and with the potential to overtake them.
In the case of the latter the club wouldn’t want to block their pathway so unfortunately some players need to be sacrificed, as our squad capacity will always be finite.
So some younger players can be ‘victims’ of timing i.e. what we have in their position at the point in time when a decision about their future needs to be made.
Making those decisions isn’t a role I envy.
I totally agree but I also think it is one of things the club has excelled at over the years. So many times over the years us fans have bemoaned the fact that there appears to be an obvious gap in the squad only for it to turn out that the gap had been left because we had a young player ready to fill it. I can remember as far back as possibly Tisdale's first season when he failed to sign an experienced left back because he knew that Moxey and Friend were already more than good enough to do a job for the first team.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may be right about Jordan; however, we have been very lucky to have had 4 centre-halves fit for almost all the season - when the inevitable injuries occur it will be interesting to see which of the youngsters is called into the first team squad as back-up.
There'll be no need. I heard Stubbs is only three weeks away.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There'll be no need. I heard Stubbs is only three weeks away.
Is he training outside then?