• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Dyer

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Finally in the squad today but didn't come off the bench.
and again last night in the FACup...

Bridgy 81

and again last night in the FACup...
Yeovil’s fifth and final home match this month is next Tuesday (26th) in the league against Woking.
As I posted elsewhere I went down to watch them play Notts County recently and saw Ben Seymour come on as sub, with Jordan not even in the squad that day.
From what I’ve seen Ben has either been sub, or started and been subbed.
Jordan has either not been in the squad at all or has been an unused sub. I wouldn’t image he, or we, have benefitted much from his time there unfortunately.
With some competing options available next Tuesday I don’t think I’m likely to go to the Woking match.
I’ll think again after that if either, or both, of their loans get extended.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeovil’s fifth and final home match this month is next Tuesday (26th) in the league against Woking.
As I posted elsewhere I went down to watch them play Notts County recently and saw Ben Seymour come on as sub, with Jordan not even in the squad that day.
From what I’ve seen Ben has either been sub, or started and been subbed.
Jordan has either not been in the squad at all or has been an unused sub. I wouldn’t image he, or we, have benefitted much from his time there unfortunately.
With some competing options available next Tuesday I don’t think I’m likely to go to the Woking match.
I’ll think again after that if either, or both, of their loans get extended.
Like I've said before, there's no point him going there if they aren't going to use him. He could sit on the bench here or gone to a club in national south where he would've got some game time.

Bridgy 81

Like I've said before, there's no point him going there if they aren't going to use him. He could sit on the bench here or gone to a club in national south where he would've got some game time.
Yes, I suppose as things have worked out for Jordan so far a loan to a Conference South team would likely have provided him with more game time, albeit at a lower level.
The other thing I heard/read somewhere was that we rarely loan to Conference National clubs as they usually require even loan players to train with them.
Not sure if this has happened in Jordan and Ben's case though?

Grecian2K

One would hope that, at very least, the Glovers have been making at least some contribution towards their wages.

Otherwise, 72 says, their has been little point in the arrangement.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, I suppose as things have worked out for Jordan so far a loan to a Conference South team would likely have provided him with more game time, albeit at a lower level.
The other thing I heard/read somewhere was that we rarely loan to Conference National clubs as they usually require even loan players to train with them.
There was a similar situation a couple of years ago when Joel randall went to Weymouth on loan. They hardly used him.

andrew p long

Noticeably Jordan wasn't recalled for the U23 game last week that he was eligible for. So I suspect that if you join a full time club on loan you are there full time....

STURTZ

There was a similar situation a couple of years ago when Joel randall went to Weymouth on loan. They hardly used him.
Thought that was Dorchester?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought that was Dorchester?
No, Weymouth. He never went to Dorchester.

Bridgy 81

Noticeably Jordan wasn't recalled for the U23 game last week that he was eligible for. So I suspect that if you join a full time club on loan you are there full time....
Which makes his loan to Yeovil more frustrating for him and us, if by being there he isn't even playing the U23s games and maybe other similar ones he would have played if he'd stayed with us