• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

jimbo-gould

I’ve seen a few Peterborough fans mention on Twitter that they think he will just be a back up to their other wingers. I definitely cannot see this being the case but maybe there is a slim chance here that he will remain on loan.

I don’t except this one bit but just want our best players playing for us 😭

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve seen a few Peterborough fans mention on Twitter that they think he will just be a back up to their other wingers. I definitely cannot see this being the case but maybe there is a slim chance here that he will remain on loan.

I don’t except this one bit but just want our best players playing for us 😭
Doubt they’d pay that sort of money and leave him here.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
6607O’Rourke now tweeting makes it seem like this has serious legs. Would be a real sickener to lose him now, even if it was for 7 figures.

robchave

If Joel is off, and it looks like he may well be, I'll be as disappointed as anyone else. However, I don't think we can be too hard on the club over this. The fact that he hasn't signed a contract extension indicates that a big-money move was always his plan this summer - if the right deal came along. It's so late in the day because the club have held out for the best deal, even indicating that we were prepared to decline offers below our valuation - playing him on Saturday, giving him a high squad number etc. It looks like our valuation's been met, so we have little choice.
The big question now is what do we do with the money? We've got a month to bring in some really experienced quality; at least one central midfielder nearing the end of his career would be my choice. Plus a couple of experienced squad players.

Ash

If Joel is off, and it looks like he may well be, I'll be as disappointed as anyone else. However, I don't think we can be too hard on the club over this. The fact that he hasn't signed a contract extension indicates that a big-money move was always his plan this summer - if the right deal came along. It's so late in the day because the club have held out for the best deal, even indicating that we were prepared to decline offers below our valuation - playing him on Saturday, giving him a high squad number etc. It looks like our valuations been met, so we have little choice.
The big question now is what do we do with the money? We've got a month to bring in some really experienced quality; at least one central midfielder nearing the end of his career would be my choice. Plus a couple of experienced squad players.
We have enough squad players. We need people who can instantly improve our starting 11.

robchave

We have enough squad players. We need people who can instantly improve our starting 11.
Hence the need for some "really experienced quality".

Trapdoor

JR would improve our squad. Championship quality winger!

Ash

Hence the need for some "really experienced quality".
I agree with that entirely, but the phrase you used was "a couple of experienced squad players", which is something quite different and would fairly describe our last couple of signings.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm still very sceptical about this. Joel played on Saturday. If there is a deal in the offing the following week it's now standard general practice for the player concerned to be pulled from the squad at the request of the buying club. Given Darragh McDonagh is usually a very shrewd operator, I can't see him letting last Saturday happening.

Exehausted

I'm still very sceptical about this. Joel played on Saturday. If there is a deal in the offing the following week it's now standard general practice for the player concerned to be pulled from the squad at the request of the buying club. Given Darragh McDonagh is usually a very shrewd operator, I can't see him letting last Saturday happening.
Perhaps it was a tactic to say to Peterborough, you haven't offered enough and he's staying with us. If he gets hurt so be it, he's staying here and to prove it he's got a squad number. It might have "encouraged" them to meet our asking price.