• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor knows what he knows. The last six months will tell him all he needs to know. Once Bitten, twice shy.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor knows what he knows. The last six months will tell him all he needs to know. Once Bitten, twice shy.
He’s literally just talked him up in the press, despite the charges and even separates the issues entirely, focussing on Jevani’s stats…

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martin, there are no morals in football if a manager/club believe a player will score them the goals to win them games they will do so. Players who have been jailed have ended up getting contracts in the blink of an eye after eye watering reasons not to do so. I would suggest it's more likely Jevani will end up at Rotherham than almost anywhere else including us.

Oliver

Martin, there are no morals in football if a manager/club believe a player will score them the goals to win them games they will do so. Players who have been jailed have ended up getting contracts in the blink of an eye after eye watering reasons not to do so. I would suggest it's more likely Jevani will end up at Rotherham than almost anywhere else including us.
Brizzle

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of my all time fave City players is Jevani but if he ends up playing next season for a club in our league I reserve the right to tell him what I think if he chooses a club managed by Barton!

Oliver

One of my all time fave City players is Jevani but if he ends up playing next season for a club in our league I reserve the right to tell him what I think if he chooses a club managed by Barton!
Or Pearson?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or Pearson?
Different league innit :)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not just about morals, it's about whether Matt Taylor thinks he can trust him. However, from a purely footballing perspective I think it would be a big risk for any Championship club to sign Jevani given he's now 28, has only played half a season of his whole career at a level higher than League 2 and won't have played any competitive football for more than half a year.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not just about morals, it's about whether Matt Taylor thinks he can trust him. However, from a purely footballing perspective I think it would be a big risk for any Championship club to sign Jevani given he's now 28, has only played half a season of his whole career at a level higher than League 2 and won't have played any competitive football for more than half a year.
I totally concur that Jevani would be a risk for a Championship club. I also would be surprised if any of them other than Rotherham would go for him. However, when a manager has worked with a player things go out of the window. Ched Evans was despised by many but it didnt prevent Chesterfield giving him a contract or when Adam Chapman was released from prison resigning for Oxford

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
As Jevani would be on a free transfer, any *risk* in signing him is reduced. Bearing in mind Rotherham's budget they won't be able to afford established Championship players so any signing will be a risk of one sort or another.