• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jevani Brown

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you’ve nailed it there CJ Phill! There is also a significant (more than 25%) sell on % that will be owed to MK if/when we sell Sam. Which means If we are to sell and make good money, it would need to be this summer.
This is obviously assuming that he will not sign a new contract.
How do you know about the sell on? I don't recall seeing this disclosed anywhere. Also didn't we pay a hefty fee (for us) up front? I know when we signed Randell Williams for free (?) we gave Watford a huge sell-on.

I'd be surprised we paid a big fee AND offered a big sell-on percentage?

Markbb87

How do you know about the sell on? I don't recall seeing this disclosed anywhere. Also didn't we pay a hefty fee (for us) up front? I know when we signed Randell Williams for free (?) we gave Watford a huge sell-on.

I'd be surprised we paid a big fee AND offered a big sell-on percentage?
I agree, I think we paid a higher fee so there wouldn’t be a sell on?! Not sure why I think that though 😂

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't see us getting over a million for Nombe, I'd say £750k tops, and even if they paid that it would be a cheap transfer market for Rotherham, getting three top players.
I do hear you on this but I don't think we'd accept £750k this summer for him, and I don't think he would be the player that Rotherham smash their transfer record for.

Considering Stockley went from League 2 to Championship for £750k in 4 years ago (admittedly with 18 months to run) I think you are underestimating the value, especially as we are now a mid table League 1 side for a player who scored 15 goals in L1, not L2 last season. I think £1.2million isn't crazy tbh.

SaintJames

I do hear you on this but I don't think we'd accept £750k this summer for him, and I don't think he would be the player that Rotherham smash their transfer record for.

Considering Stockley went from League 2 to Championship for £750k in 4 years ago (admittedly with 18 months to run) I think you are underestimating the value, especially as we are now a mid table League 1 side for a player who scored 15 goals in L1, not L2 last season. I think £1.2million isn't crazy tbh.
Mmm not sure. Petrborough bought Clark Harris from the Gas for 1.2M after he had scored 24 league one goals in 42 games. Personally feel anything over 750k could be a bonus as even with my rose coloured specs Nombe is nowhere as good as Clark Harris imo

jon_shoe

That’ll be Andy - he used to have his own music page in the Echo. Can’t quite recall but think it may have been called Sound Scene?!
Didn’t he go on to edit that free music paper TDB?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn’t he go on to edit that free music paper TDB?
That rings a very vague bell. Certainly, Andy is a music aficionado so it's entirely conceivable.

Grecian Max

Mmm not sure. Petrborough bought Clark Harris from the Gas for 1.2M after he had scored 24 league one goals in 42 games. Personally feel anything over 750k could be a bonus as even with my rose coloured specs Nombe is nowhere as good as Clark Harris imo
I agree he's a better player, however consider the following:

3 years ago, during the height of Covid with no fans through the gates, in a market considered extremely cautious and flat.... and he still went to another League One club for £1.25m

The fee was for an initial £1.25m with a 20% sell on (via Bristol Post)

Market value of Nombe - likely to go to the Championship IMO, in 2023 is surely higher than £750k we collected for JS in 2019?

Rosencrantz

I agree he's a better player, however consider the following:

3 years ago, during the height of Covid with no fans through the gates, in a market considered extremely cautious and flat.... and he still went to another League One club for £1.25m

The fee was for an initial £1.25m with a 20% sell on (via Bristol Post)

Market value of Nombe - likely to go to the Championship IMO, in 2023 is surely higher than £750k we collected for JS in 2019?
And if Jayden didn't have the transfer clause in his contract, we would have probably been asking for more. We are no pushovers when it comes to negotiating transfer fees any more. Ask Darragh MacAnthony, even though he still does like us 🙂

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see Jevani going to Rotherham.

SaintJames

I can't see Jevani going to Rotherham.
why not?