• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought you implied that we have exceeded the budget in a post a couple of days ago about bringing in loan players.

IndoMike

We have exceeded the budget. MT had to go to the Club Board for extra funds in order to sign Visser as cover, when Ward broke his arm.
Ok. If that's what Matt said, then it must be true. I guess Visser will be released now so maybe the money we paid him could go towards bringing in a loan player.
As I said previously, there are various options about covering the left-side problem. We don't have to bring in s loan player if one/some of the other options work out.

Colesman Ballz

Ok. If that's what Matt said, then it must be true. I guess Visser will be released now so maybe the money we paid him could go towards bringing in a loan player.
As I said previously, there are various options about covering the left-side problem. We don't have to bring in s loan player if one/some of the other options work out.
I am sure that Visser will have already spent the money we have paid him Mike Lol ! But joking aside his contract was only short term. However with the current "extra unbudgeted income" accrued so far this season, I am sure that the Club Board will look kindly on any requests from MT, particularly if we bag another £40k by beating the Tractor Boys on Saturday !

IndoMike

I am sure that Visser will have already spent the money we have paid him Mike Lol ! But joking aside his contract was only short term. However with the current "extra unbudgeted income" accrued so far this season, I am sure that the Club Board will look kindly on any requests from MT, particularly if we bag another £40k by beating the Tractor Boys on Saturday !
I'll drink to that. In fact, I'll drink to anything.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matchday income must be running well above budget given the good attendance figures. If I was on the Board I'd be taking that into account in considering any request from the Manager to finance a loan left back following the Sparkes injury.

Red Devon

Matchday income must be running well above budget given the good attendance figures. If I was on the Board I'd be taking that into account in considering any request from the Manager to finance a loan left back following the Sparkes injury.

Not totally in favour of another young loan Championship graduate with no experience at this crucial part of the season.....Personally I’d like to see an older pro with a bit of know how someone in the Woodman mould happy with a four month contract with an eye on something for next season should he impress.

muppetdodger

Ok, putting this out there, what about a loan of George Friend. Not playing where he is, may want to return to Devon as his career comes closer to finishing. He would make a great addition, but some players would have to go out. Looking at our squad size which is massive this isn't beyond the realms of possibility. Just a thought.

grecIAN Harris

Ok, putting this out there, what about a loan of George Friend. Not playing where he is, may want to return to Devon as his career comes closer to finishing. He would make a great addition, but some players would have to go out. Looking at our squad size which is massive this isn't beyond the realms of possibility. Just a thought.
Firstly, he's out injured until February. Two, why would Boro loan out their club captain?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, he's out injured until February. Two, why would Boro loan out their club captain?
Thirdly, he would be astronomically expensive. I would be amazed if he was earning much less than 10k a week. I am sure Borough would want us to stump up at least 40% of that (if they were prepared to loan him out, which I doubt very much).

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
The only way George comes back is if Boro release him and he fancies working close to home again. Would love to see it happen, but even if we broke the bank and offered him 3k a week it would be charity work for him.