• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamal Blackman

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have to wonder how he'd be with Stubbs and Diabate in front of him. He hasn't had that luxury yet.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The daft hair and especially the green dye needs to go. Feckin’ dire.
Like that is going to change anything about his performance.🙄 Dear God, the Exeweb suicide squad are out in force tonight.

Alistair20000

Like that is going to change anything about his performance.🙄 Dear God, the Exeweb suicide squad are out in force tonight.
Suicide squad ? What is that supposed to mean ?

The post was not about his performance. Green is just wrong.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have to wonder how he'd be with Stubbs and Diabate in front of him. He hasn't had that luxury yet.
Also how Dawson would perform behind our recent set up.

I don't like to see Blackman getting pelters like this and anyone who thinks Harry Lee is the man to take the shirt is quite frankly unhinged.

AndyR

As I said on the Matchday thread, I'm not a fan of Blackman but found it hard to blame him for any of the Oxford goals today. These were either really well placed shots or resulted from him saving efforts where there was no challenge or even closing down of the player shooting and no City player following up after Blackman had palmed shots away. All that said, it might be an idea to give Scott Brown a game next week if only to make the point that no-one is beyond dropping.

HarryECFC

As I said on the Matchday thread, I'm not a fan of Blackman but found it hard to blame him for any of the Oxford goals today. These were either really well placed shots or resulted from him saving efforts where there was no challenge or even closing down of the player shooting and no City player following up after Blackman had palmed shots away. All that said, it might be an idea to give Scott Brown a game next week if only to make the point that no-one is beyond dropping.
Completely with you, they were first to every second ball all over the pitch. If a keeper makes a good save and it gets tapped in by a striker. Thats the defenders fault.

milts

I think you expect a keeper of ‘championship’ quality to do better with the second and third. I think Dawson stops those.

We also miss Dawsons personality on the team. He organised the defence so well. Blackman seems very quiet and barely seems to communicate with his defence.

An average L1 keeper for me.

Rosencrantz

I think you expect a keeper of ‘championship’ quality to do better with the second and third. I think Dawson stops those.

We also miss Dawsons personality on the team. He organised the defence so well. Blackman seems very quiet and barely seems to communicate with his defence.

Blackman did initially stop the second, if you think he should have stopped the rebound I'm not sure what you are expecting. The third was a free shot from the edge of the area that found a gap through Ed James and went right in the corner. You don't see many keepers saving shots in those circumstances where they would be counting on the defender covering the near post.

Dawson was a great keeper for us but people are projecting saves on to him that are dubious in their likelihood and steeped in sepia. Pointing the finger at Jamal for any goal today is really nitpicking at best.

DB9

Sorry but this is all irrelevant, Dawson, As much as i thought he was a great keeper and last year was totally awesome was only a LOAN signing and from day 1 of his loan there was never a chance of us signing him, He was here to get 1st football because he dropped down the pecking order at SW, To me i think Blackman is doing OK, Although i was a bit worried because he was carrying an injury when he signed but unfortunatly this is where we are as signings go, We can get good players but some do have injuries or have to be managed (Like Stubbs).

I think Blackman is a good keeper, Not in Dawson's class so to speak but i think he's doing ok.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I'd also like to chuck into the mix that Dawson engaged with the bank, which Blackman doesn't do, and that (imho) is a driver to overhype Daws and undercook Jamal.