• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I've finished university!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are only 2 good things about Bournemouth and they're both strip clubs.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you can't get 3As your education is over, now go get a job.
Pfft, I got CDD at A-level and yet can still say I have a degree and a postgraduate degree.Do you really believe that I would have got a better job with CDD than I did with a degree?

Poultice

Pfft, I got CDD at A-level and yet can still say I have a degree and a postgraduate degree.Do you really believe that I would have got a better job with CDD than I did with a degree?
I am truly happy for you Jan, I just don't think I should have had to pay for your opportunities.

Poultice

I hope you realise it has to be paid back?.
Only the loans Pup and I read somewhere that the cost of collecting those loans was greater now than the grants cost back when loans were introduced.

Exactly how many of you soap dodgers ever get a job that pays enough to make full restitution ?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am truly happy for you Jan, I just don't think I should have had to pay for your opportunities.
Meh, there are trade offs. We all pay for parts of the country that we never use.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly how many of you soap dodgers ever get a job that pays enough to make full restitution ?
I do. I paid of my entire 16k loan in my first year of employment. Not to mention top bracket tax + NI.

I actually like paying tax though, I could register my address as being in France and pay 0% income tax (due to french offshore tax breaks) but I choose to register my home as being in england because I like supporting the NHS. If the govt ever starts privatising healthcare, i'm out of here (not physically of course, just on paper).

Poultice

I do. I paid of my entire 16k loan in my first year of employment. Not to mention top bracket tax + NI.

I actually like paying tax though, I could register my address as being in France and pay 0% income tax (due to french offshore tax breaks) but I choose to register my home as being in england because I like supporting the NHS. If the govt ever starts privatising healthcare, i'm out of here (not physically of course, just on paper).
Shirley it has got to be drug induced.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

Weirdo....

angelic upstart

I must admit, when I paid tax, I never begrudged it. I still pay loads of tax on binge drinking.

Ebs

Anyone know of any journalism jobs going..... :(
FIMDH, I was in a very similar position when I finished Uni. Its an extremely tough industry to go into at the moment, of our course that graduated in Print Journalism last year only two currently write for a newspaper!