• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Can we please keep to topic.

I get the impression its getting too personal.

cheers all

Legohead

Banned
Neither a sword, not a pen.

PS. Actually I do have a very old Javanese sword.
I bet you say that to all the ladies Mike. ;)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Right after all the melodrama.
There is a meeting of L2 clubs today(assume it’s remotely)
A lot of the discussion on the thread will I fear become irrelevant in the grand scheme of trying to put professional football back together post pandemic.

Like in everyday life,lots of things that we took for granted in football will never be the same again for a long time.

malcolms

Right after all the melodrama.
There is a meeting of L2 clubs today(assume it’s remotely)
A lot of the discussion on the thread will I fear become irrelevant in the grand scheme of trying to put professional football back together post pandemic.

Like in everyday life,lots of things that we took for granted in football will never be the same again for a long time.
Things will be the same, or close, and it will probably be in a shorter time span than some think... it's only been two months and everyone is thinking Armageddon...give it till mid July and things will be better (certainly not perfect) but better...

IndoMike

I bet you say that to all the ladies Mike. ;)
I never brag

IndoMike

Things will be the same, or close, and it will probably be in a shorter time span than some think... it's only been two months and everyone is thinking Armageddon...give it till mid July and things will be better (certainly not perfect) but better...
Are you referring to the virus, to football, to
the economy, or to it all., Malcs!

malcolms

Are you referring to the virus, to football, to
the economy, or to it all., Malcs!
They're all connected Mike. I think they will understand the viral process better, I believe football will be back (in a form) and the one thing that will take some serious sorting out will be the global economy which will need to be paid for by future generations..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If the Club and the Trust get this next year right, we could be one of the stronger teams in all respects in the two lower leagues.

IndoMike

They're all connected Mike. I think they will understand the viral process better, I believe football will be back (in a form) and the one thing that will take some serious sorting out will be the global economy which will need to be paid for by future generations..
Think I can agree , but with caveats . The vaccine can be a problem. With several labs in several countries working independently, how will we know which one is the best? Will the labs cut corners to get their vaccine out first? And how about production, distribution and execution of the vaccines.
Imagine if the vaccine is discovered in the US , Russia or China. Would those countries be prepared to share the knowledge with others without bias?
Regarding the economy, the debt we will accumulate will be huge - along with the debts of many other countries..
Difficult to see how we can.overcome that within a year or two. We have to remember that the economy was not doing well even before corona, and now we have BREXIT on the horizon plus corona

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is not the social club and it's not the politics thread