• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
P🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️👩‍🍳✒
So who paid then Lez as it was just before we needed the PFA loan.

Also who paid for Henderson’s two trips out there ?

I am interested in knowing how the club managed it.
Why don't YOU tell US, as it would seem that you have some almighty axe to grind with regard to the trip ? Let's get it all out in the open, and then perhaps we won't have to suffer your incessant trolling of the Club, Trust, Volunteers, Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all, which is pretty weird coming from a self professed life long supporter.
Exactly what is your gripe about ?

Dannyred

Exeter Uni paid most of the costs. Bruce went over and was paid by the Brazilian FA (or equivalent).
Who paid the rest ?

Also Henderson went over to save it falling through and the Brazilian CBF at that time was not interested so I find them paying for it hard to believe.

That trip should of been life changing for our club so what went wrong.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Naughty, naughty, the Brazil trip was AFTER the PFA loan which was on 2nd June 2014.

And the Club issued a detailed statement saying categorically that the Brazil trip was entirely funded from other sources.

"...Finally, none of the loan will be to assist with the historic return to Brazil in July, which is entirely self-funding..."

The loan was repaid in the August and the transfer ban then lifted.
Tut Tut there you go again John bringing facts into it ……….. You'll crush all his dreams if he has nothing to complain about !

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Tut Tut there you go again John bringing facts into it ……….. You'll crush all his dreams if he has nothing to complain about !
Im afraid Danny has been told the facts many times before on these boards... but he never listens (or reads)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DB9

iscalad

So who paid then Lez as it was just before we needed the PFA loan.

Also who paid for Henderson’s two trips out there ?

I am interested in knowing how the club managed it.
I would have thought that you knew everything about that trip, without bringing it up on here.

LOG

I didn't know lockdown had also opened a wormhole. I feel six years younger all of sudden.

malcolms

I'm not sure its serves much purpose as most of the involved parties are no longer involved, but to imagine it was all as told, is naive...The British Embassy/British Council who were named as one of the sponsors distanced themselves saying they just held a welcome party which clearly wouldn't have contributed any money to cover costs. Most of the money came through contributions from individuals in Brazil..The early indicators from the Brazillian football authorities were certainly welcoming, but things changed rapidly when the reins of power changed. You could argue that it was important that the project to recognise an important part of the club's history went ahead and I would agree, but it was not without its 'difficulties'

Colesman Ballz

I didn't know lockdown had also opened a wormhole. I feel six years younger all of sudden.
It's all Greek to me ! I only joined exeweb in December 14, so whatever went on with Danny Dichio, or in a previous incarnation , is totally unfathomable.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who paid the rest ?

Also Henderson went over to save it falling through and the Brazilian CBF at that time was not interested so I find them paying for it hard to believe.

That trip should of been life changing for our club so what went wrong.
Where was it ever stated that it was going to be life changing?