• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
So shut up and say nothing? And you wonder why I have my doubts about The Trust and the merits of becoming a member............
No, you can say whatever you want.

i8cornwall

Stopped the club going down the spout, stabilised the finances, set up an enviable youth system, achieved more success on the pitch than in the preceding decade.

Things could be better, of course. Think we need to be open to ideas. The idea of having an idea isn't actually an idea though.
Fair enough, I’ve often found people are more willing to share ideas if people don’t shout them down, end of the day we all want what’s best for the club.

I’d also point out that as much as those thing you have said are great most of them happened over 10 years ago.

What would you’re thoughts be on extending the Gold membership for trust members to say 7 years unless you pay a one off payment of say a couple hundred pounds?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stopped the club going down the spout, stabilised the finances, set up an enviable youth system, achieved more success on the pitch than in the preceding decade.

Things could be better, of course. Think we need to be open to ideas. The idea of having an idea isn't actually an idea though.
Debatable, very debatable.
Stopped the club going down the spout. In it's initial years, yes. After that, I'd suggest one FA Cup draw (although a second one did quite a bit to help also) and four or five decent transfers have had more to do with stabalising the clubs finances than anything The Trust has done since.
Set up an enviable youth system. As I've said not such a long way back in this, I'd suggest that a damn sight more to do with the vision of Messers Tisdale and Tagg and the distribution of the aforementioned major incomes by the club board than The Trust.
Achieved more success on the pitch than in the preceding decade, well you might not like to admit to this one but that has more to do with having the stability of one man in charge for ten years and the ability he had of doing his job. But he, like all things, went stagnant after such a long period and change was needed.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Not at all. But I did ask you and your silence is very revealing.
:ROFLMAO: Matt Russell

There's that awkward laugh again to avoid having to answer the question.

grecIAN Harris

No, you can say whatever you want.
Make your mind up, put up or shut you said. Well I haven't got the ability to 'put up' so I suppose therefore I must 'shut up'.

Matt Russell

I8cornwall - it's an idea.
Trouble as I see it is that it principally benefits those with plenty of disposable cash.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Debatable, very debatable.
Stopped the club going down the spout. In it's initial years, yes. After that, I'd suggest one FA Cup draw (although a second one did quite a bit to help also) and four or five decent transfers have had more to do with stabalising the clubs finances than anything The Trust has done since.
Set up an enviable youth system. As I've said not such a long way back in this, I'd suggest that a damn sight more to do with the vision of Messers Tisdale and Tagg and the distribution of the aforementioned major incomes by the club board than The Trust.
Achieved more success on the pitch than in the preceding decade, well you might not like to admit to this one but that has more to do with having the stability of one man in charge for ten years and the ability he had of doing his job. But he, like all things, went stagnant after such a long period and change was needed.
Right, but the trust oversaw all that, didn't they. You can't unbake a cake. There's no alternative reality to compare it to.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Make your mind up, put up or shut you said. Well I haven't got the ability to 'put up' so I suppose therefore I must 'shut up'.
OK, sounds like a sound conclusion... Go with that.

i8cornwall

I8cornwall - it's an idea.
Trouble as I see it is that it principally benefits those with plenty of disposable cash.
As dose having a season ticket or buying a box for games.

It’s not an actual idea I think would work that well in practise i just wanted to highlight that the trust is by and large now used to gain access to priority tickets. It was set up with the best intentions but now could do with changing slightly.

I also wanted to stop this thread from descending into childish point scoring.

grecIAN Harris

Right, but the trust oversaw all that, didn't they. You can't unbake a cake. There's no alternative reality to compare it to.
There's a difference to overseeing it and being a major influence on it. The major influences on most of it (because nobody can influence a cup draw) were Tisdale and Tagg. It was there vision of the youth development that saw the development of the likes of Grimes, Watkins and Nicholls that bought in the transfer fees that stabalised the club.