• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool v Exeter FA Cup Replay Discussion Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So really Left back is possibly our strongest covered position then
RB is more of a worry if Sweeney was to be injured.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I saw him last week for Tivvy, he was the best footballer on the field but probably still half a season away from our first team?

Hartridge has played LB plenty of times, older and more experienced. He's on a six month loan at Bath, but I imagine they would not stand in the way of him being recalled if needed.
Right, I'm officially confused now. We recalled Alex before the Cheltenham game and he was on the bench for that game; however, without any fanfare he seems to have returned to Bath and played in their last game. Is this the same loan or has he started another loan?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anybody seen the forecast for tomorrows match? Rain and a 50 mph wind!

Legohead

Banned
Anybody seen the forecast for tomorrows match? Rain and a 50 mph wind!
It's Hartlepool. I didn't expect anything else. :ROFLMAO:

Legohead

Banned
Just had a check around myself and as Sturtz says, it looks pretty grim tomorrow. Maybe a risk of waterlogging on the pitch? I guess we'll have to see but i'd hope if there is any risk of the game not going ahead that they make the decision as early as possible. If this was the case, can the game not be played tomorrow if the team stay up there?

Heavy rain all day tomorrow and 40 mph winds even at 10pm! The game could be a lottery now.

Grecian_Matt

RB is more of a worry if Sweeney was to be injured.
I wouldn't be worried if Sweeney got injured.
We only need to replace him with someone else who constantly gives possession away - Should be easy to find.

exeter-loyal

I wonder if it does go to ET & we had a substitution left,Visser comes on ?

I fancy Ben Seymour or Matt Jay to get a start alongside Bowman.
I don’t expect MT to start with Bowman & Fisher.
As a few have already said on here I think Visser could start tomorrow.

Exehausted

I don’t feel like Atangana does play a defensive role, he plays further forward than Collins at least.
Well I'm pretty sure that's where he went in the second half and I thought that he did as much as anybody to change the game in our favour. He seemed to me to be just in front of the back line (I won't say a back three or a back four as me and Rozencrantz have already agreed to disagree about that!) and I thought he won just about everything. He was good in the air, strong in the tackle and played the ball through the middle really well. Archie then played further forward and I thought that also made a lot of difference. He's a great player Archie but he's not going to win much in the air compared to big Nige.

Exehausted

I know that Oxford away is not the most attractive tie but it's still worth remembering that there is 54 thousand pounds on offer to the winner of this tie so we still have every incentive to take it seriously and pick a strong team.
My reasoning for a much changed team is as follows: 1) We are still at least two games away from a possible big tie away, so that's the end of January. We are unlikely to make much more than £600,000 as a net figure. Even the cut price deal that we were forced to do when we sold Jayden and the money that we got for Jordon Storey was £750,000 each. These two caught the eye because they were playing well at a team at the top of the table. I don't want us to lose tomorrow night but I feel our best chance of securing high fees for our emerging stars is to get promotion and hopefully more money for them. 2) Although we are second, if the teams below us win their games in hand we will slip down. We need to go on a good run to strengthen our chances and I feel we could be weakened if we play a full strength side tomorrow night and then lose at Salford on Saturday. All if's and buts and I'm sure that my selection is nowhere near the one that Matt will pick, but that's the reasoning behind my choice.