• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool v Exeter FA Cup Replay Discussion Thread

Exehausted

I would go, Visser, - Sweeney, Warren, Parkes, - Richardson, Taylor, Jay, Tillson, Sparkes, - Seymour, Fisher. Tillson would play the Attangana defensive midfield role.

Corey

Tillson would play the Attangana defensive midfield role.
I don’t feel like Atangana does play a defensive role, he plays further forward than Collins at least.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would go, Visser, - Sweeney, Warren, Parkes, - Richardson, Taylor, Jay, Tillson, Sparkes, - Seymour, Fisher. Tillson would play the Attangana defensive midfield role.
What concerns me is that if we keep changing the team then our players will not develop an understanding. Your team selection is OK but I doubt they've ever played together.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know that Oxford away is not the most attractive tie but it's still worth remembering that there is 54 thousand pounds on offer to the winner of this tie so we still have every incentive to take it seriously and pick a strong team.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Visser to start - Maxted did not look confident on Saturday

Taylor for Collins, Parkes for Sparkes L Martin for Williams, and Jay for Law. Hartlepool were a physical side last week hence having the two big men up front and I would be looking more at 4-4-2 so
Visser
Sweeeney Martin A Parkes Moxey
Martin L Taylor Atangana Jay
Bowman Fisher

Subs
Maxted Sparkes Richardson Williams Law Seymour and Ajose

Hopefully as Hartlepool tire a couple os shrewd substitutions will see us through

Legohead

Banned
Looking at those players available to us, we really ought to be beating Hartlepool without that much fuss. We've had a warning that on their day they Pools can cause problems but on our day we are a match for any team in league 2 at least, never mind the National League so we need to learn from the first game and get the job done.

With a squad like that we should be doing.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Visser to start - Maxted did not look confident on Saturday

Taylor for Collins, Parkes for Sparkes L Martin for Williams, and Jay for Law. Hartlepool were a physical side last week hence having the two big men up front and I would be looking more at 4-4-2 so
Visser
Sweeeney Martin A Parkes Moxey
Martin L Taylor Atangana Jay
Bowman Fisher

Subs
Maxted Sparkes Richardson Williams Law Seymour and Ajose

Hopefully as Hartlepool tire a couple os shrewd substitutions will see us through
With Woody injured the left-back spot is arguably the one area of potential weakness in the squad. Sparkes is doing a fantastic job but there is no obvious replacement left wing back in the squad unless Williams switches sides and Richardson plays on the right. Meanwhile, if we want to play 4 at the back we have three left-footed defenders - Parkes, Moxey and Hartridge - but arguably all of them are better suited to playing centre-half rather than full-back.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Noah Smerdon?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Noah Smerdon?
I saw him last week for Tivvy, he was the best footballer on the field but probably still half a season away from our first team?

Hartridge has played LB plenty of times, older and more experienced. He's on a six month loan at Bath, but I imagine they would not stand in the way of him being recalled if needed.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
So really Left back is possibly our strongest covered position then