• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool v Exeter FA Cup Replay Discussion Thread

Legohead

Banned
Pick a full strength side and then deal with Salford on Saturday. Football being what it is, we could pick a full strength side v Salford and not v Hartlepool and win tomorrow and lose on Saturday. It's that boring cliché of a game at a time that I find makes most sense. Hopefully we go 3 up at Pools and then can take some players off.

Dannyred

Pick a full strength side and then deal with Salford on Saturday. Football being what it is, we could pick a full strength side v Salford and not v Hartlepool and win tomorrow and lose on Saturday. It's that boring cliché of a game at a time that I find makes most sense. Hopefully we go 3 up at Pools and then can take some players off.
Yes 3-0 up then it would be 3-3 at 90mins and lose on pens.

We need a cup run so it has to be the strongest team tomorrow , however will MT look at the 3pts on Saturday? Like city’s performances it’s unpredictable what team will start.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blast from the past..A midweeker at Hartlepool is a rarity in the past 30 years thank goodness.

The game on a Wednesday in March 1987 was pretty crap from what I can recall.
The best part of the trip was the 10 or so Grecians there stayed in Seaton Carew after the game & had a great booze up in the Hotel we stayed at.
Seaton Canoe as it is know as now after a resident did a John Stonehouse a couple of decades ago & turned up in the West Indies 😁😁😎😎3833C0B5-D5D6-4CC8-AD6E-479B722F9DB5.jpeg29BAD7A5-13A7-4C07-A54B-90EC7FE9B093.jpeg

wiveygrecian

Blast from the past..A midweeker at Hartlepool is a rarity in the past 30 years thank goodness.

The game on a Wednesday in March 1987 was pretty crap from what I can recall.
The best part of the trip was the 10 or so Grecians there stayed in Seaton Carew after the game & had a great booze up in the Hotel we stayed at.
Seaton Canoe as it is know as now after a resident did a John Stonehouse a couple of decades ago & turned up in the West Indies 😁😁😎😎View attachment 1441View attachment 1442
Was this the game mate we stayed up there and our coach windows got smashed up by the locals late at night?

Oldsmobile-88

Was this the game mate we stayed up there and our coach windows got smashed up by the locals late at night?
That was the next season mate.
There was no coach to the one in 86/87
Darkie took over the transport the following season & we took a coach to most games if possible(or Minibus.Remember Darlo ? 😁)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
.... and not v Hartlepool and win tomorrow
Sounds like an argument for playing a weakened team!

Grecian2K

Big mistake putting the "Bollox to Brexit" sticker in the back window, eh?

andrew p long

Noah Smerdon?
Not good enough at present to play for our U23s or for our reserve side put out in the checkatrade nonsense. That shows the club’s assessment of his current (lack of) readiness for first team football.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
That was the next season mate.
There was no coach to the one in 86/87
Darkie took over the transport the following season & we took a coach to most games if possible(or Minibus.Remember Darlo ? 😁)
The midweek where we stayed overnight and had the coach Windows bricked was in the early nineties. Alan Balls first season I think, we had just beaten Birmingham at home and had an outside chance of chasing the play offs with a strong finish. Unfortunately think we only got one point from the last seven or eight games, and only stayed up due to Preston I think, winning on the final day.

I remember getting on the coach to be told the game was in severe doubt. When we got to Hartlepool the pitch was in a dreadful state but thankfully the rain had just stopped and stayed away to allow it to go ahead on a very muddy pitch. Remember the home support was pretty noisy during our three one loss. Happy days.

Oldsmobile-88

I expect you are right Richard..I was probably thinking of another incident with ‘The Tees Side Aggro’ on the one I mentioned.