• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Check the video again you silly old sod, the keeper's first move (before the ball was struck) was to spring off his line towards the penalty spot and only then did he move laterally, to make the save.
I go to buggery! Could somebody impartial (preferably somebody who doesnt give a sh/t), have a look at the keepers feet when that ball is struck please? The keeper shuffles off his line less than a foot man! Its hardly provable FFS! And thats not what you originally meant either!? "spring off his line"? you're the one that should consult specsavers if you think any global official would call that! (facepalm)

Colesman Ballz

*Gets popcorn, crisps and chocolate then sits back to await developments. Is this history in the making. Balls in your court Pete. *
Careful Geoff, you might pile on a few extra pounds if you overindulge yourself ! :)

PeteUSA

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-goalkeeper-james-mckeowns-2130701

The keeper says he didn't have a clue where Sweeney was going to put the penalty. He dived and hoped.
Cant argue with that; He got it right against a poor penalty.

PeteUSA

Careful Geoff, you might pile on a few extra pounds if you overindulge yourself ! :)
I hope he's got enough to last a very long time. What time do you go to bed Geoff?

bootesful

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-goalkeeper-james-mckeowns-2130701

The keeper says he didn't have a clue where Sweeney was going to put the penalty. He dived and hoped.
I was sitting in line with the keeper and Sweeney and even I knew where the ball was going. It was so telegraphed it came with GPO stamped on the ball. Before the kick Sweeney looked at that corner, then shaped his body to take the kick in that direction, then struck it. Even then, too close to the keeper and on the ground made it an easier save than expected.

Pym's save from the one-on-one in the first half though was much better- quite excellent.

PeteUSA

Pym's save from the one-on-one in the first half though was much better- quite excellent.
It was indeed; Pym had an excellent game I thought.

Colesman Ballz

If the keeper moved before the ball was struck, the ref should have ordered it to be retaken, ergo had the keeper not cheated then Sweeney could have scored. Instead of gleefully jumping to criticise one of our players, why don't you save your criticism for the keeper and the ref ? Is it because once, a very, very, long time ago you were "a fully paid member of both their unions" ?
I am still waiting Pete, Can you point out exactly where in this post I mentioned the Trust, or where you are under the delusion that I did ? Ready, steady...…. go !

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I go to buggery! Could somebody impartial (preferably somebody who doesnt give a sh/t), have a look at the keepers feet when that ball is struck please? The keeper shuffles off his line less than a foot man! Its hardly provable FFS!
But if you could see it via webcam its obviously provable ?

PeteUSA

I am still waiting Pete, Can you point out exactly where in this post I mentioned the Trust, or where you are under the delusion that I did ? Ready, steady...…. go !
Certainly. In one of your posts regarding the p/ss poor penalty, you added the caveat (I hate that word!) no doubt inspired by the ramone idiot where you pick up on my involvement with trust Mk 1. The Matt Character chimed in!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Keep on topic. Otherwise I'll bin this thread and ban a few of you. This nonsense is quite tiresome.

Last edited: