• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the keeper moved before the ball was struck, the ref should have ordered it to be retaken, ergo had the keeper not cheated then Sweeney could have scored. Instead of gleefully jumping to criticise one of our players, why don't you save your criticism for the keeper and the ref ? Is it because once, a very, very, long time ago you were "a fully paid member of both their unions" ?
Excuse me! Unless the rules have been changed in the past three years, the keeper is allowed to move up and down his line BEFORE the ball is struck! From side to side on his line, as I recall. Moving forward towards the kicker is what isn't allowed. Yesterdays keeper was already on his way to the ball before the ball was kicked; have a look at the ammended rules circa 2010?

And quite a long time ago, I was founder of the ORIGINAL trust if you dont mind. Theres a article to that effect in the E&E summer 1995 if you've got nothing to do on a sunday. I go on to suggest that any money paid in goes to charity if administrator Peacock had his way and the club goes under.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So you were in the Trust 5 years before it got started ? ........... Gotcha.

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/history

PeteUSA

So you were in the Trust 5 years before it got started ? ........... Gotcha.

https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/history
I wasnt in the trust 5 years before it started, Five years before the modern day trust, I together with three others formed the thing!! Now bugger off and do some proper research about the events of 1995. Also could I remind you that this is the matchday thread?! Mr Ballz and I were having a discussion about yesterdays lousy penalty. Further comments about yesterdays game only if you dont mind. My trust status comments will go unanswered by me.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
So why did you try to derail the thread with a comment about how YOU ALONE started the Trust ? which had nothing to do with a matchday thread.

And don't try and slip out by saying you forgot the other 2 people in your original post !

Last edited:

Matt Russell

I wasnt in the trust 5 years before it started, Five years before the modern day trust, I together with three others formed the thing!! Now bugger off and do some proper research about the events of 1995. Also could I remind you that this is the matchday thread?! Mr Ballz and I were having a discussion about yesterdays lousy penalty. Further comments about yesterdays game only if you dont mind. My trust status comments will go unanswered by me.
Hold the History group's front page................this could be a developing story!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hold the History group's front page................this could be a developing story!
Not quite Matt the original bit was " And quite a long time ago, I was founder of the ORIGINAL trust if you dont mind." Notice the ( I ) bit !

PeteUSA

Mr Ballz. Did you wish to comment further on yesterdays game?

Colesman Ballz

Excuse me! Unless the rules have been changed in the past three years, the keeper is allowed to move up and down his line BEFORE the ball is struck! From side to side on his line, as I recall. Moving forward towards the kicker is what isn't allowed. Yesterdays keeper was already on his way to the ball before the ball was kicked; have a look at the ammended rules circa 2010?

And quite a long time ago, I was founder of the ORIGINAL trust if you dont mind. Theres a article to that effect in the E&E summer 1995 if you've got nothing to do on a sunday. I go on to suggest that any money paid in goes to charity if administrator Peacock had his way and the club goes under.
Check the video again you silly old sod, the keeper's first move (before the ball was struck) was to spring off his line towards the penalty spot and only then did he move laterally, to make the save.

Secondly read me post again carefully and you will find that there is no reference to your membership of ANY Trust whatsoever, my comment was to the effect that as an ex keeper and an ex referee, that it might cause you to disregard their shortcomings, and instead start dishing it out on Sweeney.

On both counts you seem to be seeing only what you want to see, and that suits your own warped agenda, rather than the facts.

#shouldhavegonetospecsavers

geoffwp

*Gets popcorn, crisps and chocolate then sits back to await developments. Is this history in the making. Balls in your court Pete. *

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a very poor penalty. It wasnt struck hard enough, and it wasnt very near the post. It was where Sweeney always seems to place his penalties (barring one, which he missed!). I agree, I think other clubs study penalties; and judging by yesterdays, the keeper seemed confident where that ball would go. He dived that way before the ball was struck! I originally thought he got both hands to it, which was incorrect. He could have used both though, since he got so far across, he had the option.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-goalkeeper-james-mckeowns-2130701

The keeper says he didn't have a clue where Sweeney was going to put the penalty. He dived and hoped.