• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

ryancooper327

I think we’d have been more likely to get hold of him had Reading gone up to the PL. Now who knows! He’s listed in the first team section of their website.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hes been almost faultless for us and his kicking is starting to improve. I would imagine Reading want him back or will demand a decent fee for him and the player will want to go back as he strikes me as being a very determined and ambitious young man.

CWH-NYC_

It would be a scoop to hold on to him in any format for next season, i can't see that happening, as Snoop says he is ambitious and must be as pix off as we all are by the lack of determination at the top end of the pitch.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Defending is a collective effort. Only Cheltenham and Carlisle have conceded less shots per game than we have in L2 this season. Although Jokull has been very good on the whole, he has also been well protected by those in front of him. When called upon he has generally done his job well and been a better option than Maxted.
Pretty much sums up what I'm saying. Jokkul is a very good keeper, he does what I'd expect of a decent keeper. He is a vast improvement on Jonny Maxted who was in goal when he arrived. But ask yourselves this question, how does the bit in bold above happen? And then ask yourself, in the timescale I've highlighted (January onwards) how many times have you said (insert whichever defender you choose to blame) was obviously at fault for that goal compared to pre Christmas. Very regularly before Christmas McArdle and Hartridge in particular were being castigated as being at fault for the goal we were conceding. Those two in particular have gone on to form a very solid partnership at the back. Christ, even The Chimp has recognised that Hartridge is a far better play than he was previously giving him credit for. So for anybody to suggest that Jokkul is the biggest reason for our defensive improvement is quite clearly wrong. He has a good influence on the whole defensive unit, that can't be argued, but he is not the greatest influence. It has been very much a collective effort since Christmas that has improved of defence not one goalkeeper.

tonykellowfan

I think our chance of getting him next season is very low. He is much more likely to be loaned out to a L1 club.

LDNGrecian

I think our chance of getting him next season is very low. He is much more likely to be loaned out to a L1 club.
I think his kicking lets him down a lot. No passing team would want him in their team and no long ball team will rely on him either!

Ash

He's done his job to a decent standard, I haven't said he hasn't but yesterday was the first game in ages where he has to make a couple of saves that were genuinely goal threatening. Whether the back four has chopped and changed or not is irrelevant, whoever has made up that back four (or even three) has been solid. Even Jokkul missed the first four of those games as Maxted was in goal for us (although he was on the pitch for one of them in the oppositions net).
See, I knew you'd argue about it.

grecIAN Harris

See, I knew you'd argue about it.
It's about seeing the bigger picture. Now read my post three above yours and tell me I'm wrong.

Ash

It's about seeing the bigger picture. Now read my post three above yours and tell me I'm wrong.
Of course it's a collective effort and of course the defensive partnerships have improved, a blind man can see that. Jokull has still been the biggest single reason for the overall improvement at the back. If Jonny had played all these games instead, would we have still seen a similar improvement to the goals conceded column? No. Not at all.

grecIAN Harris

Of course it's a collective effort and of course the defensive partnerships have improved, a blind man can see that. Jokull has still been the biggest single reason for the overall improvement at the back. If Jonny had played all these games instead, would we have still seen a similar improvement to the goals conceded column? No. Not at all.
So you don't think the improvement both individually and as a pairing of Hartridge and McArdle has not as much influence especially given the fact that we have the third least amount of shots against us in the division?