• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Maxted had been in goal for us over the last few months we would be way down the table.

The Ice Man has been outstanding.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's done his job to a decent standard, I haven't said he hasn't but yesterday was the first game in ages where he has to make a couple of saves that were genuinely goal threatening.
Greasy, I know your contributions are generally very poor however this takes the biscuit.

Reactions: Ash

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh come on Ian. Jokull's saves are clearly the biggest single part of that defensive record. He's been the only consistent element of the back 5 / 6, who have been chopped and changed with great regularity. There were a couple of top draw ones in each of the last two games alone.
Not to mention that stunning finger tip save he pushed on to the crossbar against Southend...quite simply he’s been different class since the day he walked through the door.

ExmouthMart

As someone whose opinions are not really relevant, I will still keep saying again and again that Andresson is the most obvious potential signing there is. He’s already playing for us, so we wouldn’t be taking a chance like Stubbs. He clearly has the right attitude and he likes playing for us. I don’t understand why people are putting up reasons why we can’t sign him! Negotiate a deal with a sell on for Reading.

gui

Jokull has been different class for us. We would have lost the game yesterday without his first-rate saves. He’s a great GK and it would be a travesty if we can’t him at the end of the season .

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jokull has been different class for us. We would have lost the game yesterday without his first-rate saves. He’s a great GK and it would be a travesty if we can’t him at the end of the season .
He won't be with us next season, his mentality is too good for us.

Rosencrantz

Defending is a collective effort. Only Cheltenham and Carlisle have conceded less shots per game than we have in L2 this season. Although Jokull has been very good on the whole, he has also been well protected by those in front of him. When called upon he has generally done his job well and been a better option than Maxted.

crocks

Its a 2 way street though, the defence have confidence in Jokull so feel more secure in their work and consequently play better. With Maxted between the sticks, there is noticeably more panic within the defence.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's 3 parties involved in keeping him and I suspect only one of those parties wants him at SJP next season.

iscalad

As someone whose opinions are not really relevant, I will still keep saying again and again that Andresson is the most obvious potential signing there is. He’s already playing for us, so we wouldn’t be taking a chance like Stubbs. He clearly has the right attitude and he likes playing for us. I don’t understand why people are putting up reasons why we can’t sign him! Negotiate a deal with a sell on for Reading.
Your opinion is just as relevant as anyone else's.
We all have different opinions on things, some are right, some wrong.
As an example..Proper Chap says that I have no ambition for our club...He is wrong.