• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill and Mackie off in January??

The mighty Grecian

Jamie Mackie would be a HUGE loss a player who is improving all the time, so would Gilly we know what he is capable of.

Overall I would be very dissapointed if either of these players were to leave us for Turks

also didn't Tisdale reject a bid for Mackie earlier this summer

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15724

DaveE

I don't want either to go and would be very dismayed if we allowed them to. Neither appears disaffected at the moment so the only way that I could see that happening would be if they were informed of an outrageously good wage package/contract.

Ian Sideman

Ian

good to see you back.I'm a bit surprised you haven't been crowing on here more about what you posted in the summer- that Buckle was a great move by Torquay,City should have appointed Bucks as manager when AI left and
' watch those Gulls fly '.

Anything to add?

Andrew
Hi Andrew

Not really ;) but I'm not surprised he's doing a good job - early days I know.

It's just a personal opinion, but if our recruitment team weren't so easily seduced by smooth talkers rather than focusing on a candidates ability to deliver where it really matters, we may be further forward than we are. Bit of controversy there for a Friday!

Please don't take this to be a criticism of Tis. I rate him very highly.

Cheers
Ian

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gill would be playing better if he wasn't Captain, i believe he sees it as a millstone around his neck.

finetime

I think this rumour is total b*ll*cks..

PINHOE RED

The two games over Christmas are massive, I hope the players and the club are aware how much we need to beat Turkey. This will be a big test and a clear indication of our intentions for the second half of the season.

Up The City.

Brinty IFA

I think this rumour is total b*ll*cks..
It's probably not "total B*ll*cks" but the fact that buckle wnats them does not mean that they are likely to go. There are clubs with 'interest' in many of our players, doesn't mean that they will go. I was told that it was a 'done deal' for another player to leave at the end of the season but it didn't happen. I still beleive the source but they forgot that the final decision was down to Exeter City.

paperclip

I am sure the board and management etc are aware of the fans feelings about several of our players going to Torquay in the Summer, and therefore (presumably) they will realise that letting two more go would not be the best move in the world.

As far as I am aware both players are happy where they are, so we are not in a Lee Phillips-like situation where the players want a change. Why would we let them go therefore?

Yeovilgrecian

How are they going to manage that then when they are on the brink of exceeding the salary cap already?

Relegated clubs are excluded from the wage cap in their first season in the conference

RHINO

If Torquay were to want anybody and thats a big IF it would be Elam and Logan