• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree entirely. They want to weaken all the Western institutions : NATO, the EU . Putin will never get over the kiss of the Soviet Union. And bleddy Hilary Clinton got involved in their elections when there were sizeable demos against him. I think that was what really irked him. So with Trump as a kind of accomplice Putin is making headway.
PS. Hope you're safe and sound where you live.
Thankfully we are currently nowhere near any active fires, but gonna be terrible for some communities a bit further up the coast when this round ends and they access the damage. Will take years and years to recover

IndoMike

Thankfully we are currently nowhere near any active fires, but gonna be terrible for some communities a bit further up the coast when this round ends and they access the damage. Will take years and years to recover
Glad you're ok. Awful for those who have lost family members, their homes and possessions.

geoffwp

Yep. They are all lying toads with some worse than others.

Devious Grevious was plotting to thwart Brexit altogether while pretending otherwise. With all good fortune the voters of Beaconsfield will give him his marching orders.
Including our Ben? We shouldn't tar every MP with that brush Al. It's not only unfair its not true to say it.

IndoMike

So Grieve was lying like all politicians.
Alistair, calm down..
We've been over this a million times before.
On both sides some voted for Brexit and some voted for Remain based on their convictions or political expediency/career concerns or what they thought were the wishes of their constituency. Some didn't have a clue anyway.
So do we elect MPs purely to represent our own particular views, or do we elect them because we think they are wise and will make the best decisions for us based on their conscience? Can we expect politicians to abandon their convictions to suit their (in this case dodgy) leader ?
How on earth you can rabbit on about MPs like Grieve, who has followed his conscience, yet never criticize a shifty, self-serving, shallow, priveleged playboy who is not even trusted by his father is beyond me.
In my opinion you keep firing at the wrong targets.
A referendum on EU membership was held purely in an attempt to quieten the hard right : there was no general outcry about belonging to the EU. BREXIT won because 70% of the old fogeys (who will not be around in 20 years' time max.) decided the future of the young (70% of whom wanted to remain). And the Brexiters won by just 4% - i.e. a 2% swing would do for them and would be achieved now - just 3 years later
How dare we be so arrogant to do that to our young people. I sincerely hope that they will get their revenge in the coming election.
Regarding Cameron's promise to implement the Brexit result, the snivelling coward had no moral right to do that : a
referendum is not legally binding : it's consultary.
Yes, many MPs went along with Cameron's
little escapade because they thought that Remain was a dead cert. They didn't campaign seriously and didn't challenge the lies and trickery of Cummings and Johnson, who were given a free pass. The funny thing was that the Brexiters presented no vision to the populace : just vague promises to make Britain great again (but we were already the 2nd most successful country economically in the EU, damn it).
One more thing : has it ever occurred to you that part of the BREXIT vote was a vote against the establishment, not a vote against the EU? A lot of Brits couldn't stand the chinless wonderboy and voted against HIM, not the EU.

IndoMike

Look at the faces of the bloke and woman standing behind Johnson as he is "mopping" a shop floor. Tells a story..
The floor's not even wet and he isn't wearing wellies. If you're gonna try to do a PR stunt at least make a better effort.

Alistair20000

Alistair, calm down..
We've been over this a million times before.
On both sides some voted for Brexit and some voted for Remain based on their convictions or political expediency/career concerns or what they thought were the wishes of their constituency. Some didn't have a clue anyway.
So do we elect MPs purely to represent our own particular views, or do we elect them because we think they are wise and will make the best decisions for us based on their conscience? Can we expect politicians to abandon their convictions to suit their (in this case dodgy) leader ?
How on earth you can rabbit on about MPs like Grieve, who has followed his conscience, yet never criticize a shifty, self-serving, shallow, priveleged playboy who is not even trusted by his father is beyond me.
In my opinion you keep firing at the wrong targets.
A referendum on EU membership was held purely in an attempt to quieten the hard right : there was no general outcry about belonging to the EU. BREXIT won because 70% of the old fogeys (who will not be around in 20 years' time max.) decided the future of the young (70% of whom wanted to remain). And the Brexiters won by just 4% - i.e. a 2% swing would do for them and would be achieved now - just 3 years later
How dare we be so arrogant to do that to our young people. I sincerely hope that they will get their revenge in the coming election.
Regarding Cameron's promise to implement the Brexit result, the snivelling coward had no moral right to do that : a
referendum is not legally binding : it's consultary.
Yes, many MPs went along with Cameron's
little escapade because they thought that Remain was a dead cert. They didn't campaign seriously and didn't challenge the lies and trickery of Cummings and Johnson, who were given a free pass. The funny thing was that the Brexiters presented no vision to the populace : just vague promises to make Britain great again (but we were already the 2nd most successful country economically in the EU, damn it).
One more thing : has it ever occurred to you that part of the BREXIT vote was a vote against the establishment, not a vote against the EU? A lot of Brits couldn't stand the chinless wonderboy and voted against HIM, not the EU.
My point was a specific one about Dominic Grieve not a general rant and for you to tell others to calm down really does take the biscuit Indo. 😏

IndoMike

He who tells others to calm down must expect to be advised the same when necessary.

"
So Grieve was lying like all politicians"

Sounds pretty general to me, not specific. You occasionally do go on a rant about politicians, calling them all the names under the sun. Many of them deserve it, but a rant is a rant
And if certain Toryfanhoys say I'm on a rant when they can't answer my question then why shouldn't I do the same?.
Peace
Ban the bomb

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I observe that General Grevious is standing as an Independent trying to overturn his own majority in ultra Tory Beaconsfield. Standing on a Unite To Remain ticket. Now I thought he told us he was not out to thwart Brexit but to deliver it in an acceptable (to him) format.

Was he telling whoppers ?
Pretty sure he has always backed a second referendum.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
There wouldn't have been if we'd stayed in and had had a veto. There will be now, and more power to them.
There will be now? We haven't left yet and they're already here.

Oh, and by the way, there have been muted calls from some German willy wavers to adopt their own nuclear deterrent.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
There will be now? We haven't left yet and they're already here.

Oh, and by the way, there have been muted calls from some German willy wavers to adopt their own nuclear deterrent.
No there isn't. A joint exercise isn't an EU army, anymore than the Combined Joint Expeditionary Force is one.

And really, a Daily Mail article from 2016? Is that all you have? You could have noted that the EU Battlegroups like this have been at full operational capacity since 2005, although have never actually seen any action. That would have been a much better point (and one likewise lost on the Mail of course).