• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GENERAL ELECTION 2019

Bittners a Legend

There will be now? We haven't left yet and they're already here.

Oh, and by the way, there have been muted calls from some German willy wavers to adopt their own nuclear deterrent.
Stuffy I have respect for you and anybody else who has served but you are being conned and that 3 year old article is about as misleading as it gets. it is beyond me why you see the EU as our enemy given some of the other threats to peace that exist in the world.

Regardless the 3 year old article that you post is the sort of training and joint exercises that happen all the time and have been happening for many years. Our troops do it in other countries too. Indeed we hosted one recently ->https://www.gov.uk/government/news/10000-troops-from-13-countries-arrive-in-the-uk-for-major-exercise

The Mail are lying, spinning and playing you if you think the article you posted is evidence of the existence of an EU army which you seem to be implying has already invaded our shores.

Bittners a Legend

The Conservative candidate for Exeter is ... "born and raised in Plymouth". A test of loyalties for our Leave supporting, Exeter constituents!!

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
If anyone manages to watch more than a minute of this without experiencing a seriously adverse reaction I'd be interested to know how you managed it

IndoMike

There will be now? We haven't left yet and they're already here.

Oh, and by the way, there have been muted calls from some German willy wavers to adopt their own nuclear deterrent.
Stuffy. Surely a "United" European army makes it less likely that the country you fear (Germany) is less likely to have territorial ambitions. Clearly the enemy is perceived to be Russia. It makes total sense to have a European army, closely sharing technology and information, to act as a barrier to any Russian advance
Yes, there is NATO, but the appearance of Trump is teaching us that if Trump/the US abandons Western Europe we need a coordinated approach/force as a deterrent

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffy I have respect for you and anybody else who has served but you are being conned and that 3 year old article is about as misleading as it gets. it is beyond me why you see the EU as our enemy given some of the other threats to peace that exist in the world.
Thanks for your respect Bitts. I don't see The EU as a potential enemy although I suspect our French and German chums might be inclined to try and bully us if given half the chance. They French might even be tempted to ignore our patrol boats and continue to fish our waters.

Check out Macron in this more up to date link...

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stuffy. Surely a "United" European army makes it less likely that the country you fear (Germany) is less likely to have territorial ambitions. Clearly the enemy is perceived to be Russia. It makes total sense to have a European army, closely sharing technology and information, to act as a barrier to any Russian advance
Yes, there is NATO, but the appearance of Trump is teaching us that if Trump/the US abandons Western Europe we need a coordinated approach/force as a deterrent
Mike, the French and Germans are not only determined to undermine NATO they just won't won't ante up their fair share which is 2% of their GDP.

IndoMike

Mike, the French and Germans are not only determined to undermine NATO they just won't won't ante up their fair share which is 2% of their GDP.

Stuffy :
1. GERMANY WARNS FRANCE AGAINST UNDERMINING NATO SECURITY ALLIANCE
(reported in all.news media)
2. FRANCE is the junior partner.
3. NATO only works if US genuinely supports it : that is in doubt . Marcon thinks we need an insurance policy in case the US doesn't show. Don't forget the Yanks only entered the 2nd World War after Pearl Harbor. The first 2 years of the war they say back and watched Hitler take over Europe.
4. The balance of power is changing. I think the US sees China as its biggest threat.
5. If the NATO nations have agreed to pay a certain percentage then yes, they should pay it

IndoMike

War is absurd. The concept of people running around killing each other or stockpiling weapons of mass destruction is ridiculous. No problem between nations is so serious that we should contemplate destroying our planet. Childish, vindictive, arrogant
This is why I have often stated that I am not a nationalist (but I think I"m a patriot).
Nationslism is also a childish concept.
"My country is better than your country". Oh yeah? Who says? Nationalism is a catalyst for war and evil.

IndoMike

Nighty night y'all.
To sleep, perchance to dream.
You:d better sort out the world's problems before I wake up tomorrow, or there'll be trouble.

arthur

Nighty night y'all.
To sleep, perchance to dream.
You:d better sort out the world's problems before I wake up tomorrow, or there'll be trouble.
Good morning Indo. Here's a problem for you. I live in a country where this man is Prime Minister and a significant minority of people think that his remaining so is a good idea.

"Johnson then moved on to his familiar Brexit lies. Parliament had blocked Brexit for the past three years. He still hasn’t quite realised that no one has done more to block Brexit than himself – first by leaving Theresa May’s government and voting against her deal, then by pulling his deal and demanding an election after his withdrawal agreement had won a comfortable majority in the Commons. At times like this the prime minister is the sociopath’s sociopath. So detached from any objective reality, truth and lies have become interchangeable."