• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to say that GB News has really come into its own this week with its coverage and comment around Russia/Ukraine.

Last night, as well as Farage, they had David Starkey, Brendan O Neill and Douglas Murray on (amongst others) to give their take. Riveting.

Whilst the likes of BBC, ITV, Sky etc, etc are skirting around things as they always do, trying not to offend anyone, GB News buts straight to the chase and tells it like it is.

i.e. This has been coming for a while...the West is at its very weakest right now (since WWII). No easy way out of this, etc etc.
You only have to look at Afghanistan, Western Europe's reliance on Russian gas/Wheat etc and see the divisions within the West and Putin thought this is the best time, Look at the US the Country is divided and you have a sitting President and the former one with two totally differing views.

angelic upstart

Last night, as well as Farage, they had David Starkey, Brendan O Neill and Douglas Murray on (amongst others) to give their take.
My rule on anything war related (thanks to Klitschko and Zelensky is if I don't see them on the frontline (in my head at least) I'm not listening to them.

After I'd googled the three bods other than Farage. I've concluded none of them are worth listening to. They'd be running or hiding in bunkers like little babies. Not real men at all. Just pathetic squealers, like most of the politicians.

angelic upstart

Had an interesting moment on Twitter a minute ago. Was just gonna check out the news of the day and there was a load of stuff mocking some fella called Neil Oliver and his admission that he didn't know what was going on in the Ukraine. Anyway, after going down a bit of a rabbit hole I ended up watching a near 10 minute monologue which at points is a bit tin foil hat for my liking and a little outwardly fashionably right wing in others, but the essence of what he was saying is very much on the money.

Worth a look to anyone interested.

Edit : he used to work on the BBC but I'm not familiar with him.

DB9

Had an interesting moment on Twitter a minute ago. Was just gonna check out the news of the day and there was a load of stuff mocking some fella called Neil Oliver and his admission that he didn't know what was going on in the Ukraine. Anyway, after going down a bit of a rabbit hole I ended up watching a near 10 minute monologue which at points is a bit tin foil hat for my liking and a little outwardly fashionably right wing in others, but the essence of what he was saying is very much on the money.

Worth a look to anyone interested.

Edit : he used to work on the BBC but I'm not familiar with him.
He's a Historian, Did shows called the History of Scotland, Vikings, Coast and various others.

Oldsmobile-88

He's a Historian, Did shows called the History of Scotland, Vikings, Coast and various others.
All very good TV

He’s a marmite figure on Twitter.

DB9

All very good TV

He’s a marmite figure on Twitter.
He is, Over the whole pandemic he's been on GB News giving his views and very disparaging about Ms Sturgeon and the whole lockdown/restrictions in the UK.

Oldsmobile-88

He is, Over the whole pandemic he's been on GB News giving his views and very disparaging about Ms Sturgeon and the whole lockdown/restrictions in the UK.
He would be persona non grata north of the border if the SNP get there way.
BJ gets less flack than he does from ‘Cyber Nats’

DB9

He would be persona non grata north of the border if the SNP get there way.
BJ gets less flack than he does from ‘Cyber Nats’
Has he stopped doing these Historic type shows to be a contributer on GB News permanatly now?

Oldsmobile-88

Has he stopped doing these Historic type shows to be a contributer on GB News permanatly now?
Not sure...His history/coast programmes were interesting.

DB9

Not sure...His history/coast programmes were interesting.
They were, A good watch.