• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harris signing was a free hit and was delivered to us on
a silver platter by Fulham after the **** up at the end
of the last window.

We’ve haven’t had to work hard on this deal I expect
Fulham guarantee it.

Lets hope in a weeks time that Harris is not our only
signing.
When are we signing someone, when are we signing someone?! Within 3 days... Oh, that doesn't count, it's an easy one, when are we signing the next one?.. come on... Give them a chance to f*** it up... They probably will, so you'll be golden for moaning soon and I'll join you.

simcity

Yeah, I agree with you. We should've sorted it in the summer. Massive screw up, I'm as annoyed about it as anyone and think heads should be rolling for it. But given that we didn't, we don't get a head start again for January, we're back to square one. Presume you don't want us to just sign a duffer for the sake of getting it in early.
Muskwe was only a body to replace Nombe, we all knew we need 2 more on top of that but my main point is that we should have players lined up ready to go, the recruitment team have had 3/4 months to get things ready to go for the deal to get finalised this week, the run and results have put additional pressure on this & my opinion is something has gone wrong hence why we brought Sonny back in December.

I don’t want us to sign any more duffers, got enough of them as it is but considering we have a Director of Football/Head of Recruitment, Chief Scout & a load of Scouts who’ve paid Flitcroft’s mate Steve at FootballScoutingWorldwide £600 to call themselves a scout supposedly looking for players…

I’m sure some of us could find players suitable!

ChardGrecian

Well late on Friday night and only signing is one that was almost done in August while other clubs including Carlisle address thier shortfalls quickly. Should we lose to them tomorrow are Caldwell and the boards finally going to fully accept responsibility and resign.
They have had since October to line everything up to fix the awful run of dismal results.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
On Thursday Nicho said there are things he couldn’t tell us because it would give an advantage to the opposition just two days before the game because it would allow them to prepare differently.

Anyone else thinking we’ve already signed a striker, he’ll play tomorrow and it’ll be announced tomorrow morning?…….

JGrecian23

On Thursday Nicho said there are things he couldn’t tell us because it would give an advantage to the opposition just two days before the game because it would allow them to prepare differently.

Anyone else thinking we’ve already signed a striker, he’ll play tomorrow and it’ll be announced tomorrow morning?…….
1000% no.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well late on Friday night and only signing is one that was almost done in August while other clubs including Carlisle address thier shortfalls quickly. Should we lose to them tomorrow are Caldwell and the boards finally going to fully accept responsibility and resign.
They have had since October to line everything up to fix the awful run of dismal results.
By "other clubs including Carlisle", you seem to mean "just Carlisle". Has anyone else made more signings than us in our division? At some point very very soon, it's going to switch to who's made the best signings rather than the quickest.

larrywilkie

By "other clubs including Carlisle", you seem to mean "just Carlisle". Has anyone else made more signings than us in our division? At some point very very soon, it's going to switch to who's made the best signings rather than the quickest.
Are any of the signings that the 'other clubs' have made ones that would have excited our fan base?

denzel

Charlton have made two signings

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Most players who move will move late in the window...
Was interested to see if this was true, as it kind of felt like it may be:

2023 window EFL only:

First half | Jan 1- 16: 134 transfers
Second half | Jan 17- 30: 99 transfers
Transfer deadline day: 88 transfers

So it is true more players move late on, however a substantial chunk of the transfers happen in the first two weeks

robinp

OK Nero. Keep playing