• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

So are u saying we have signed a left back ?
I was just being silly 🙃 Agent Andy seems to think we are though 🤔

Grecianman135

So we’ve signed Luke Harris which looks a good signing.
But that deal didn’t need any work as I expect that
was already agreed 4 months ago after the last day
balls up.

So go out and buy a couple of strikers and show us all its not
all just hot air and we are not scrambling around again.
We'll almost certainly be scrambling about again..

I'm reality you can look at it two ways it's potentially unrealistic to expect a signing this soon into the window..

But on the other hand our relegation rivals have managed fine,and we've needed it more than any team,and we're either in negotiations, failing with certain targets,or being "patient"...

Most probably the latter.

robinp

Tick tock clocks running . Not the best of starts

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tick tock clocks running . Not the best of starts
We've already signed someone. Incredible to me people have this perspective

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't be a transfer window without us being linked to Ben Purrington

Trapdoor

Wouldn't be a transfer window without us being linked to Ben Purrington
He's the new kabongo tshimanga

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
People are just reacting to what the club has put out. In December we were assured that deals would be done early. After the Portsmouth game fans were told at least two were coming in this week.
Win tomorrow and things will calm down, if we don't things could get ugly.

JGrecian23

I'm ready for a riot tomorrow. Was gonna try and give it a miss but would rather spend 90 minutes moaning and shouting at Caldwell from the Bank pretending he can hear me.

The dream is that we go 2 down, run on the pitch throw my Season ticket at him and get out of there. Just remembered my season ticket is on my phone now these days, will rethink this!

StudentGrecian

Because the management team and boards have made clear they think the only problem is the lack of a striker and lauded this window as the turning point.

Yet we’re going into a massive game against a relegation rival without signing one.

It’s not hard to understand why people are annoyed by it. You don’t agree and that’s fine. But the board put a rod through their own back they way the presented this window to fans and now we’re already hearing how difficult it’s going to be and it just sounds like they’re getting their excuses in place.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because the management team and boards have made clear they think the only problem is the lack of a striker and lauded this window as the turning point.

Yet we’re going into a massive game against a relegation rival without signing one.

It’s not hard to understand why people are annoyed by it. You don’t agree and that’s fine. But the board put a rod through their own back they way the presented this window to fans and now we’re already hearing how difficult it’s going to be and it just sounds like they’re getting their excuses in place.
I'm annoyed were rubbish and more than annoyed we didn't get a striker for the entire summer, but it's not all in the club's power to just instantly get someone, and id rather they did all they could to get the best possible than to cash their chips and get a body to assuage people's impatience. Harris looks a good addition on paper, hopefully he'll make an impact for us offensively. Hopeful we'll get a pair of really good strikers as well... Just not ready to get on the club's back for only sorti b one deal in the first week... Not so easy to get deals done.