• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The point I keep making, aka the straw I'm clutching on to. He might prefer not to go to Portsmouth, no matter how much they offer to increase his salary, knowing that he'll have much better range of options in the summer.
My thought too. Presumably there are other clubs sniffing about that are only interested in taking him on a free in the summer. If there are his agent will be fully aware. Though those clubs would have to put pen to paper now. Maybe the Pompey rumour is an attempt to force their hand?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I stand by my original points.

Unless the fee is stupid, it is not worth selling Nombe, Key, Collins or Brown.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hull allegedly paid 1.5m for him back in 2020 january window giving him a three and half year contract, so one year left I think with an option to extend.
This was around the same time they coveted Randell Williams so...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That makes me more hopeful he’s going nowhere. I cannot see us accepting a small fee for Jev. We’ve just banked good money for Jay and Dieng and I can’t see any benefit in selling him now unless it’s for a huge fee. We know he’ll leave in the summer, which I’m fine with, and I’d sooner he stays as he’s our best player overall.
Agreed. We are probably already safe this season and Jevani is a big part of the reason for that. If he does leave at the end of the season he will do so with our thanks and no regrets.

But I for one don't want a situation where we are looking over our shoulders, given the fixture list for the last month or so, and a bad run could cause anxiety....

jimmy

Ooooh. Of all the things that someone can be called in football, a 'Hull flop' has gotta' hurt.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooooh. Of all the things that someone can be called in football, a 'Hull flop' has gotta' hurt.
No fluffiness in that article! The boy's out and the manager's not interested in him! Hard world

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nombe to Bristol City rumours still not gone away.

DJG.ECFC

If Jevani has turned down a contract extension then I imagine city are actually pushing the sale of Jevani this month given his contract ends this summer leaving him available on a free.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will we make it to 2 000 posts on this thread before any more signings?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nombe to Bristol City rumours still not gone away.
Possibly replacing Sam Nombe with James Scott wouldn’t look good to me on paper. Got to trust Gary’s judgement though. Twelve hours to find out.