• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not the most prolific striker. His best form has been 4 in 16, but that included a hat trick in amongst it. I hope his build up play is good…
If his best form was 10 in 16 he wouldn't be coming here that's for sure!

Benjis

Not the most prolific striker. His best form has been 4 in 16, but that included a hat trick in amongst it. I hope his build up play is good…
Let's be honest though, that is exactly the sort of signing we do, and it usually turns out well. Jev had 11 goals in 45 at Colchester, Nombe 6 goals in 32 at MK. It is just a classic Exeter signing.

DawlishBouy

Hull, allegedly, paid £1.5million for him.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Infraction points for Sign of the Chimes...
Make that an outright ban! :)

tom_ecfc

James Scott from Hull apparently. 6’2” striker.
Jill Scott’s brother?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hull allegedly paid 1.5m for him back in 2020 january window giving him a three and half year contract, so one year left I think with an option to extend. Doesn't appear to have torn up the roses since arriving at Hull so would be interesting if they loan or sell

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

sign of the chimes

How much money have Pompey got?? I hope we only accept something ridiculous. Would be gutted to lose him now.
I don't think we're going to be spending much - and would be incredibly surprised to see us pay more than a nominal fee for a 28-year-old, as decent as JB has been over the past eighteen months.

If I'm honest the link has surprised me as Brown doesn't really fit the profile of the type of signing I was expecting us to make.

If this story has any legs - and Andy Moon is a decent journalist who covers Pompey extensively and doesn't tend to deal in conjecture - then I guess the consideration for Caldwell/ECFC is whether you're better served accepting relatively small compensation now for a player who can leave for nothing in the summer?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hull allegedly paid 1.5m for him back in 2020 january window giving him a three and half year contract, so one year left I think with an option to extend. Doesn't appear to have torn up the roses since arriving at Hull so would be interesting if they loan or sell
I’d suggest there’s a good player in there and he could well be the sort of signing that we get the best out of. Plus he’s young enough for some resale value too.

In isolation, I’d be happy with Scott signing for us, as we need another forward option, but to lose Jev now would be a huge huge blow.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think we're going to be spending much - and would be incredibly surprised to see us pay more than a nominal fee for a 28-year-old, as decent as JB has been over the past eighteen months.

If I'm honest the link has surprised me as Brown doesn't really fit the profile of the type of signing I was expecting us to make.

If this story has any legs - and Andy Moon is a decent journalist who covers Pompey extensively and doesn't tend to deal in conjecture - then I guess the consideration for Caldwell/ECFC is whether you're better served accepting relatively small compensation now for a player who can leave for nothing in the summer?
That makes me more hopeful he’s going nowhere. I cannot see us accepting a small fee for Jev. We’ve just banked good money for Jay and Dieng and I can’t see any benefit in selling him now unless it’s for a huge fee. We know he’ll leave in the summer, which I’m fine with, and I’d sooner he stays as he’s our best player overall.