• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green preview and prediction

i8cornwall

I didn't know we did a veggie pasty. That's excellent. I think for every club to have a vegan option is perhaps a bridge too far (or should that be tofu r) and maybe not feasible but most certainly these days a vegetarian option should be provided.

I'm sure we'll have staff at kiosks in grounds around the land reeling off the Frankie Boyle quip - "There is a vegetarian option - you can f*** off!" o_O
Alas nothing for people who are lactose intolerant like me... maybe I’ll get a well know exeweb poster to campaign for me!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm always disappointed that Clubs don't use local produce.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
But we grow our own and the then sell it on for a tidy sum.;)

Oldsmobile-88

Shauls pasties at SJP Hants..😁😁...Milk from the CO-OP in Old Tivvy Rd..😎😎

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shauls pasties at SJP Hants..😁😁...Milk from the CO-OP in Old Tivvy Rd..😎😎
A lot of clubs sell Pukka pies. Having (generally) found the local indoor market you know that there is some great local produce. Bury would is a great example.

Andy Holloway

A lot of clubs sell Pukka pies. Having (generally) found the local indoor market you know that there is some great local produce. Bury would is a great example.
If they were still in existence!

Colesman Ballz

If they were still in existence!
Hants clearly doesn't have a clue what's on offer at SJP even, so he's hardly likely to be aware of that ! Lol !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hants clearly doesn't have a clue what's on offer at SJP even, so he's hardly likely to be aware of that ! Lol !
I was actually talking about away grounds.

StroudGrecian

Also he wants to develop the adjoining land as a high-tech industrial estate. And sell the existing ground for housing.

Ecotricity are selling a myth. Their electricity comes through the same wires as everyone else's. Though they do own or part-own significant renewable generating capacity, so do other suppliers and it's largely smoke and mirrors.
To my mind Dale Vince is a huge narcissist, and the new ground is a massive vanity project, but I think your other comments are wide of the mark. Pretty much every M5 junction north of Bristol has or is in the process of developing some sort of large-scale retail/industrial park, looks like J13 will get one now too, so why not one that is designed to be sustainable and minimise climate impact? And why not sell what is in effect now a brownfield site at hte New Lawn for much needed local housing? (which is what was done with the 'Old' Lawn).

Also, while I don't buy my leccy from Vince and it's true that it's the same stuff that comes down the wires from the major suppliers, Ecotricity have been pioneers in development of renewables and in the construction of car charging points across the country (including the majority of motorway service stations). Ecotricity is also the biggest employer in Stroud so, while IMHO he's a bit of a tool, a lot of what he does is beneficial, locally and nationally.

Anyway, back to the business in hand, I will be disappointed if we don't take 3 points today, FGR have been on a poor run recently and we're unbeaten in the league since the last time I saw us play...at Bradford...

Colesman Ballz

I was actually talking about away grounds.
No mention of that in your original post whatsoever. Perhaps you should be more specific ????