• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green preview and prediction

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is there little mention now of vegetarianism and everything is Vegan which I thought was the extreme non animal product way of life
Just read up a bit on this and apparently there are 5: categories of veganism. I guess the "plant-based" vegan gets closest to being vegetarian. You probably know that most beers (but not all) are not strictly vegan.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
SO does that mean that there is no longer vegetarianism, and that if you don't eat meat you're Vegan cat 1 2 3 4 or 5 depending on your devotion to the cause?

Nigel E

The more you research the use of animals in food production the more complex it gets. Some people argue that almonds are not vegan owing to the way bees are farmed in the US to pollinate the plants.

This article explains more - it is quite lengthy

This paragraph in particular is startling:

"Commercial honeybees are considered livestock by the US Department of Agriculture because of the creature’s vital role in food production. But no other class of livestock comes close to the scorched-earth circumstances that commercial honeybees face. More bees die every year in the US than all other fish and animals raised for slaughter combined".

i8cornwall

Soya milk now available at all of the food kiosks 😁😁

On the topic of food,for our vegan supporters.There is now a couple of Vegan options for sale..Some sort of oat bar & vegetable soup(the Cup-a-Soup type)
I was actually going to start a thread thanking the club on this but been a bit busy this week.

Had one of the oat bars on Saturday and they where very nice, hopefully this is the start of a bit more on offer on a match day.

IndoMike

SO does that mean that there is no longer vegetarianism, and that if you don't eat meat you're Vegan cat 1 2 3 4 or 5 depending on your devotion to the cause?
Google 5 types of veganism...fairly detailed info

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
All food production, transportation and consumption involves animal interaction to a greater or lesser extent. I have great respect for those who wish to minimise their impact on the world while understanding that this cannot be absolute, or who don't eat animals directly for moral reasons. But unless they go and live in a forest and live solely on wild nuts and fruit they cannot divorce themselves completely from the ecosystem we live in.

So it appears to me that much of current push for vegan lifestyles is confused.

All clothing impacts animals, "artificial fibres" basically means oil. So wearing plastic shoes etc is by no means impact free. Further, cotton and other "natural fibre" production takes water resorces away from wildlife.

It's all too f**king complicated for me...

IndoMike

All food production, transportation and consumption involves animal interaction to a greater or lesser extent. I have great respect for those who wish to minimise their impact on the world while understanding that this cannot be absolute, or who don't eat animals directly for moral reasons. But unless they go and live in a forest and live solely on wild nuts and fruit they cannot divorce themselves completely from the ecosystem we live in.

So it appears to me that much of current push for vegan lifestyles is confused.

All clothing impacts animals, "artificial fibres" basically means oil. So wearing plastic shoes etc is by no means impact free. Further, cotton and other "natural fibre" production takes water resorces away from wildlife.

It's all too f**king complicated for me...
Even jungle people are not vegans : they probably have the most balanced diet of all of us, too.
Of course people are free to choose and in many ways it's admirable to follow through on your principle. But as you say, to be a strict vegan requires a lot of research into what you can eat, drink, wear, and put on your face (make-up).

Spoonz Red E

Even jungle people are not vegans : they probably have the most balanced diet of all of us, too.
Of course people are free to choose, but as you say to be a strict vegan requires a lot of research into what you can eat, drink, wear, and wear on your face (make-up).
As Paul McCartney said 'Vegan work it out'.

IndoMike

As Paul McCartney said 'Vegan work it out'.
But some people think veganism is nuts

Spoonz Red E

But some people think veganism is nuts
As Alvin Stardust said "Won't you be my cool cashew".