• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green preview and prediction

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll do them the vegans last 6 at home are W1 D3 L2 our away form W2 D1 L3. Everything points to a draw but we'll defy the odds and win 2-0 with goals from Ajose and Bowman in front of 800 travellling Greeks

Legohead

Banned
We do a nice veggie pasty at SJP,but still got a bit of negative feedback when FGR visited(from a supporter) that there was not a Vegan option.
You cannot friggin win with some people.

The comment was passed to someone I know well in the kiosk & the reply was they will think about it when FGR offer a meat option...Touché..😁😁
I didn't know we did a veggie pasty. That's excellent. I think for every club to have a vegan option is perhaps a bridge too far (or should that be tofu r) and maybe not feasible but most certainly these days a vegetarian option should be provided.

I'm sure we'll have staff at kiosks in grounds around the land reeling off the Frankie Boyle quip - "There is a vegetarian option - you can f*** off!" o_O

Corey

Head says 1-1, heart says 2-1. Would like to see Ajose on the score sheet

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't know we did a veggie pasty. That's excellent. I think for every club to have a vegan option is perhaps a bridge too far (or should that be tofu r) and maybe not feasible but most certainly these days a vegetarian option should be provided.

I'm sure we'll have staff at kiosks in grounds around the land reeling off the Frankie Boyle quip - "There is a vegetarian option - you can f*** off!" o_O
The problem with food in football grounds is you can never please everyone.
On a fb group a few were moaning about the fare on offer at SJP.They wanted burger & chips & the like.
Don’t know why they do not just go to a couple of well known fast food chains before they enter the ground ?
Hell to pay if the hot food does run out on occasions You would think people were in Ethiopia or Biafra.🤨🤨

Legohead

Banned
I personally don't buy food from grounds for 4 reasons.

1. The food available is usually nasty pies or rubbish chips. Maybe if clubs found a local renowned pie maker and sold their pies to show pride in the local area and they were organic and preferably meat from grass fed animals then I might consider it. As it is though, most clubs just sell nasty generic rubbish containing meat from poor animal welfare sources.

2. The food available is a total rip off. I'm perfectly happy to pay £3 for an organic, locally produced, grass fed beef pie but I won't pay that for some animal scrapings encased in greasy pastry.

3. I generally can't be arsed to queue. It's a pet hate. As for leaving my seat on 35 minutes to queue for half time food as I know some do, forget it. People who do this are really odd.

4. Toilets. Or lack of. I have a weak constitution. Mainly due to an inflammatory bowel disease that is a cross between Crohns and Colitis. If I had a pie then there is a good chance I might need a quick visit to the kazi. You've all seen the state of the bogs at footy grounds. I may as well just let it all out on my seat as the bogs at footy grounds are unusable. Just like this lad did. Can't blame him.... https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5055600/sunderland-fan-kicked-out-poo-stands/

Number 4 is why I don't eat or drink anything from anywhere when I go to a game and i'd rather blame the clubs for not providing adequate toilet facilities for paying supporters than blame my arse / medical condition.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^

Can’t disagree with most of that Lego..

The exception being Kidderminster.The food there is 2nd to none the last time I visited(though it was a decade ago)

I always eat before entering a football ground.Usually a pub chain or chippy where I know the quality will be reasonably good..I have a encyclopaedic knowledge of good Chippys around most of the L2 League grounds(that is really sad 😁).
There is fantastic one near to Port Vales ground which i will be making a bee line to next month.

Legohead

Banned
The only chippies I know of that I've been too next to grounds are the one next to Rochdale's ground and the one next to Crewe's ground. That one at Rochdale is superb.

Legohead

Banned
I was just chuckling to myself and thinking can you imagine footy fans having a conversation like this one in the 70's 80's etc about footy catering! :ROFLMAO:

Times they are a changing.

Oldsmobile-88

The only chippies I know of that I've been too next to grounds are the one next to Rochdale's ground and the one next to Crewe's ground. That one at Rochdale is superb.
Sadly the chippy near to SJP in Old Tivvy Rd is not much good imo.
The one in Well St which was ace,closed about a year ago.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is a pretty good one near southends ground. As for forest green, their food is one of the better i've sampled at football grounds. The queue was the longest i've seen too.