• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1. Final Race of the season

newburygrecian

It should be added that Glock and Trulli (both in Toyota's, both on dry tyres) both drove 1:44 laps in the last lap. End of conspiracy, you would hope :cool:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done Lewis' mechanics. If Ferrari's can change the tyres and pump the petol a bit quicker next year they might well do it - perhaps we could just have that instead of the boring 200pmh procession we have to endure in between the pit stops.

And no ITV coverage next year - oh dear, bye bye James Allen, you utter idiot, and you can take that Mensa candidate Blundell with you along with the ridiculously smarmy Steve Rider. I reckon that's the biggest thing in F1 to celebrate.....

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will concur with you on ITV. Their sporting coverage is Les Awful. We have the FA Cup to look forward to instead of F1. Martin Brundell is a penis of the highest order.

brayford grecian

I wonder who will be commentating for BBC next year? I know Damon Hill works for the Beeb on 5Live. the return of Murray Walker? As long as we don't have to put up with that woman who does the superbikes.

Brian Moore

Paint dried yet Brian? Missed a cracking race! :D
Paint dried just in time to see the last lap so i actually saw the "cracking race", or, to put it more accurately, "the cracking last corner. Well done Lewis, justice was done in the end!

Last edited:
Amazed there has been no enquiry into that last lap, especially given what's gone on before during the season, but really pleased that an Englishman has won the title again, and as said above, deservedly so IMO. [y]

Will he have a chance of dominating like Schumacher did previously do you think ?

Felt a bit sorry for DC too, going out like that in his final ever race.
Why would there be an enquiry? As far as I good see, the two Toyotas had gambled to try and score some points hoping they could hang on until the end, on the last lap it absolutely lashed down and they got caught out, everyone who switched to inters, including hamilton, caught and overtook him. Luck of the draw.

Conspiracy my arse!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you look at the lap times for the last 3 laps for Trulli and Glock they lose time steadily on each one, Glock was slow through all 3 sectors on the last lap as well so it wasn't even as though he just slowed for the last corner.

Fantastic result for Lewis though. About time another Brit won it :)

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Why would there be an enquiry?
Because Ferrari have bitched and complained about everything else this season. I thought with so much riding on it, they were bound to complain again, as they've done previously.

Where did I say I thought it was a conspiracy ?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder who will be commentating for BBC next year? I know Damon Hill works for the Beeb on 5Live. the return of Murray Walker? As long as we don't have to put up with that woman who does the superbikes.
Martin Brundle has moved and David Coulthard is doing it too. The last I heard it was Johnathon Legeard and David Croft who do 5Live that were up for another spot. Glad that Brundle has moved with it because he is really intelligent and actually knows what he's talking about. Even happier that Mark Blundell won't be on the Beeb, he's a Class A c*ck.

By superbikes do you mean Suzi Perry on MotoGP? She's actually really good, knows her stuff and is well known on the grid. Or do you mean Superbikes which I think was on ITV4 and is Janey someone. Don't particularly like her but she does at least know what's going on.

The problem is, as much as they would like to kick off, which they won't, as they've openly congratulated Lewis, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

What got me most during this season was when Lewis appealed HIS penalty at Spa, and Ferrari had a full turn out to LEWIS' Appeal. It had nothing to do with Ferrari, the effect to them was none of their business and they shouldn't have had anything to do with it.

As far as I am concerned, David Coulthard should become a permanent steward! That would be the best move of the close season by a mile.