• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Liverpool match day thread!

haka

If Liverpool's reserves are such low quality then the club should sack the entire coaching/scouting staff. They could be replaced by just one guy who watches fourth-tier football in London, he could at least find players good enough for Dag & Red or Wimbledon.

But of course they are NOT such low quality as individuals - that's just an attempt to downplay City's achievement. They are highly-paid pro's (not kids) who belong at a higher level than most of ours.

Their failure was lack of cohesion as a team, which is a different thing - and that's Klopp's fault. He didn't respect either the Cup or the opposition (forget nice words, only deeds matter) and he's got his comeuppance. Serves him right.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm still trying to work out how we expect to make 700000 pounds from the replay and how this will be made up , not only from our share of the gate surely.Hope this welcome boost to the coffers is correct .

andrew p long

I'm still trying to work out how we expect to make 700000 pounds from the replay and how this will be made up , not only from our share of the gate surely.Hope this welcome boost to the coffers is correct .
I'm pretty sure this is just plain wrong. As I said on another thread (Replay date,post 38) I think someone has said/suggested/calculated that if we get a replay then our TOTAL income from the entire Cup run may come to 700k. That has since been reported as 700k from the replay ALONE.

Or possibly somebody thought we'd have got 700k if drawn away for the original game - which was possible. But the replay will be a lower attendance at a lower price.

(If Anfield sold old at 40 pounds per ticket then 45,000 x 40 = 1.8m. Our share is 42.5% of that - that's close to 700k. However, maximum price is going to be 20 - which is plenty -and average price - with concessions etc- unlikely to reach 15 and the ground unlikely to be full)

Having said that whatever we get from the replay alone will probably be in six figures (and we'll be less reliant this month on my 19 pounds as 1931 subscription...)

Last edited:

andrew p long

Come on city!

Not long to go now!

First time doing a match day thread.

3-1 win please and Arsenal away next round!

UTC!
I think you get awarded the opportunity to start another match day thread sometime soon...

Banksy

Thank you for the breakdown Andrew.

IndoMike

We'll have 2 x TV money (possibly 3)
Prize money
Gate money share from 4 games
Probably extra sponsorship, sundry and program sales.
It all adds up. Estimate 200k from Anfield game if no TV.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Of our injured hopefully wheeler will be ready to play some part. Assume it would still be too soon for Harley. Oyeleke and Hoskins maybe would have a chance.

StroudGrecian

Of our injured hopefully wheeler will be ready to play some part. Assume it would still be too soon for Harley. Oyeleke and Hoskins maybe would have a chance.
It was great to see Hoskins named as a substitute against Liverpool.

If he can get back to anything like his old self he would be far too good for League 2 - really hope we get to see him fit again, but the usual caveats of our recruitment policy apply.

Shame Tis felt unable to bring him on for the last 10 mins for Reid, who had run himself into the ground.

A Slacker

Shame Tis felt unable to bring him on for the last 10 mins for Reid, who had run himself into the ground.
I think he'd used all his subs by then!

Alistair20000

Whenever I see Jurgen I always think of this

[video=youtube;KhDDa183URE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDDa183URE[/video]

Last edited: