• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Liverpool match day thread!

Mackster

Actually mack, I think Ian offers a good repost to that lower L1 rubbish. Patently they were not that whatever their level
A Championship side would have took them apart. They haven't played together and are not the sum of their parts. We played really well, fully deserved to win, but only let down by a couple of typical defensive lapses. Anyone outside of Exeter will see the replay as a foregone conclusion, I think we can play even better in the replay.

Saw Greg Dyke sitting next to Taggy. This was his vision, Premier U21 sides playing against League 2

Last edited:

redman

Congratulations Exeter on your spirited display, the better team on the night.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Championship side would have took them apart. They haven't played together and are not the sum of their parts. We played really well, fully deserved to win, but only let down by a couple of typical defensive lapses. Anyone outside of Exeter will see the replay as a foregone conclusion, I think we can play even better in the replay.

Saw Greg Dyke sitting next to Taggy. This was his vision, Premier U21 sides playing against League 2
Yes,..The Daggers gave us a more thorough examination at SJP last week..

redman

Yes,..The Daggers gave us a more thorough examination at SJP last week..
Interestingly the Daggers didn't manage a shot on target at Goodison against a second string Everton today, as they say, football is a funny old game.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Geoff the Liverpool starting line up had 34 LFC appearances between them - Benteke having 21 of those and Bogdan 4 so the remaining 9 players had 10 appearances between them

Matt Oakley has had made more career appearances than the entire Liverpool squad last night (not including Lucas & Lallana) who didn't come on anyway

A decent league 1 side or championship would of stuffed Liverpool last night

redman

Correct, I hope Klopp gives Exeter and the FA Cup more respect by fielding a stronger team in the replay, I expect that Liverpool fans will demand this.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct, I hope Klopp gives Exeter and the FA Cup more respect by fielding a stronger team in the replay, I expect that Liverpool fans will demand this.
I don't think it's about respect, I think he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. A ridiculous amount of injuries, arsenal and man u to play in the forthcoming week. With that in mind, could he risk the remaining first teamers, getting injured and then getting stuffed by arsenal or man u or both? Probably not. If he had a full strength team and having Alex Inglethorpe at Liverpool, who may well have mentioned what happened at OT 11 years ago. I doubt we would have seen as many youngsters playing last night.

Athelstan

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but in case not I demand that you enjoy this pitch side compendium from FATV:

[video=youtube;s7-uZU7ivqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-uZU7ivqQ[/video]

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... I think we can play even better in the replay. ...
So do I. It should be interesting, particularly if we have a full squad to pick from.

Langer

If Liverpool played to there strengths more like we did it would have been hell of a lot harder