• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Liverpool match day thread!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lovin your Un PC style Alistair.

Stelios

It's probably already been noted elsewhere - did anyone else observe Klopp spending most of the warm up period stood in the centre circle watching our warm up routines etc and from time to time turning round to watch his own side ?

SUPERB LAST NIGHT - congratulations to everyone for an excellent showing on national television.
I did notice this. Apparently it's his "thing" and he does it to all opposition sides during warm ups.

It was obviously a weak and inexperienced Liverpool side but they are still Liverpool players! How many millions do LFC spend on their academy? They didn't just pick up a load of park players on the way down. They weren't a bunch of 16-18 years olds either. Average age was 22. Hardly kids. Ilori (whooooooooo?) cost them £7million 3 years ago. According to disgruntled Liverpool fans Jose Enrique is on about £60-70k a week and has earnt about £16million in his Liverpool career! Doesn't really prove anything but just highlights it's a completely different world we were up against. We weren't playing a pub team.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There's a little video on Twitter from our ground staff showing how they used compressed air to remove water from the pitch (at least I think that is what it shows!)

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Wool/status/686828042254155776/video/1

StroudGrecian

I think he'd used all his subs by then!
I meant instead of bringing Grant on for Holmes.

STURTZ

I meant instead of bringing Grant on for Holmes.
I think they were all pretty knackered by then, Holmes had run his heart out covering that soggy pitch. I think Grant was the right sub at the time, his pace and trickery gave them something to think about at the back.

Would dearly like to see Hoskins given a run out tonight though.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think they were all pretty knackered by then, Holmes had run his heart out covering that soggy pitch. I think Grant was the right sub at the time, his pace and trickery gave them something to think about at the back.

Would dearly like to see Hoskins given a run out tonight though.
While he had played well, I thought he might bring on the final sub for Reid. He could have played Hoskins, Morrison or grant along side Nichols and kept Holmes where he was.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
While he had played well, I thought he might bring on the final sub for Reid. He could have played Hoskins, Morrison or grant along side Nichols and kept Holmes where he was.
I was saying for a while before the sub was made "Morrison for Reid" - Reid looked dead on his feet for ages.

STURTZ

Yeah but Holmes is returning from injury and needed protecting.

Red Bill

I noticed Holmes just before he came off and he looked absolutely knackered. It can't be easy putting in a shift like he did when you're running through mud.

Pete Martin (CTID)

An interesting photographic record of the game here.

This website (developed in cooperation with the university) has many interesting historical photos and references. It's being added to and growing all the time.