• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Gas (Bristol Rovers) Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparent from Gas forums that they don't rate Loft very highly. 😐. Is it right that he was involved with the Injuries to Diabate and Brown?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Apparent from Gas forums that they don't rate Loft very highly. 😐. Is it right that he was involved with the Injuries to Diabate and Brown?
Dunno, more importantly for me is how bad are the injuries?

Red Devon

Yes there was a coming together of legs type foul when Loft was put through on goal.

STURTZ

Yes there was a coming together of legs type foul when Loft was put through on goal.
Seems his only worth is as an awkward lump of junk.

grecIAN Harris

One for the 'Stubbs game too far theorists' from the Harrogate match, he was back to business yesterday and had every member of Rovers front line in his back pocket. I think we'll just put Harrogate down as a bad might at the office, we all have them occassionally;)

andrew p long

Seems his only worth is as an awkward lump of junk.
or Loft's main worth is as an awkward jump of lunk!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
One for the 'Stubbs game too far theorists' from the Harrogate match, he was back to business yesterday and had every member of Rovers front line in his back pocket. I think we'll just put Harrogate down as a bad might at the office, we all have them occassionally;)
from the Rovers Form:
"I think Loft came on because of their number 6. Collins got bullied by him all game so Loft came on to try and free up Collins. Didn't quite come off.

Whilst it's frustrating to watch as an opposing fan, I think he was a good League Two centre back and wouldn't mind him bullying strikers for us."

Very clear to see why Matt was so patient with Stubbs

STURTZ

I think the Harrowgate game was a "game too far" for Stubbs and your insulting insistence (rocks for brains! ) that you should never break up a back 3 with a run of clean sheets was proved incorrect.

Bridgy 81

Very clear to see why Matt was so patient with Stubbs
Hopefully talks are already underway to extend his contract beyond the end of next season.
But I suspect/fear he will probably want to wait and see which division we’re in before committing to anything.
Some may think he should be loyal for us being patient with him whilst he was injured, but that wasn’t his fault and you couldn’t blame him if he looks after himself, as I don’t think he’ll want to be in League 2 for long.

red1

Stubbs is what we have been missing for a long long time. Dominant, strong, no frills, puts his body on the line.Likes to keep the ref informed !!! Captain material. Excellent signing