• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Barrow - Discussion

Legohead

Banned
Jesus. Try to be positive for once and all you get is criticism. May as well stick to negativity then and get criticism.

Maybe I should have put SEASON OVER in the discussion thread title instead to keep you happy.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jesus. Try to be positive for once and all you get is criticism. May as well stick to negativity then and get criticism.

Maybe I should have put SEASON OVER in the discussion thread title instead to keep you happy.
It's not being negative. It makes us look like clowns that we only need to turn up to beat Barrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Max Payne 2

P.S Can we get Stockley back for the game under cover and disguise him as Ajose?
If we can pry him away from Charlton he should be our #1 target, regardless of season's outcome.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we can pry him away from Charlton he should be our #1 target, regardless of season's outcome.
Was Stockley in the helicopter that landed at SJP today ?

tonykellowfan

We cannot afford Stockley's wages in the salary cap.

Boyo

It's a game we should win. Play like we did on Saturday, particularly the second half, and we will quite comfortably. Play like we did for the three games previous to that and we'll blow it. I can't see all three teams above us getting what they need to stop us from making the play-offs but I fear the late, late show coming to the party to break our hearts.
We often look good against teams who try to play open, expansive football. We struggle against big, physical and direct teams. Barrow are the latter. It won’t be easy and it won’t be pretty. It’s not just what we do, it’s how the oppo play too.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
We often look good against teams who try to play open, expansive football. We struggle against big, physical and direct teams. Barrow are the latter. It won’t be easy and it won’t be pretty. It’s not just what we do, it’s how the oppo play too.
If we play like we did second half on Saturday and against Cambridge it should be just about what we do as Barrow shouldn't be able to live with us. They were crap up there, it's just that we were even worse. Shut them down early and they won't be able to choose where they're going to launch the ball, it will just get sliced into touch most of the time.

Squeezebox

I'm all for optimism but agree the thread title is unfortunate. How many of us laughed at the video of all the Bolton fans turning up for the promotion party on Saturday? It won't be easy but perhaps Barrow may not really want to travel all this way next season!

Boyo

If we play like we did second half on Saturday and against Cambridge it should be just about what we do as Barrow shouldn't be able to live with us. They were crap up there, it's just that we were even worse. Shut them down early and they won't be able to choose where they're going to launch the ball, it will just get sliced into touch most of the time.
We looked good at Bolton (and Cambridge) because they pushed players forward which gave us space to break into, particularly Key. Barrow won’t do that. They’ll sit deep and we’ll need to find a different way to create chances.

thermopylai

We looked good at Bolton (and Cambridge) because they pushed players forward which gave us space to break into, particularly Key. Barrow won’t do that. They’ll sit deep and we’ll need to find a different way to create chances.
Perhaps - but (and I'm being hopeful here) with nothing to play for Barrow might be a bit more forward thinking. Sitting deep is not much fun for them either!